Clock on Z-Wave thermostats not in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock on Z-Wave thermostats not in sync

Using two Evolve Z-Wave thermostats, that when paired to HS3, the clock on the screen slowly drifts off, and doesn't get updated, but same worked fine when paired with a Vera controller.

How can I get HS3 to update the time of day clocks on the thermostats?
    The Z-Wave certification page indicates that HS3 supports the clock class:
    https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1310/classes

CT-100s won't update the clock, either....
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
      Using two Evolve Z-Wave thermostats, that when paired to HS3, the clock on the screen slowly drifts off, and doesn't get updated, but same worked fine when paired with a Vera controller.

How can I get HS3 to update the time of day clocks on the thermostats?
      The Z-Wave certification page indicates that HS3 supports the clock class:
      https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/1310/classes
      Try rescanning it from the Root Thermostat Z-wave tab. That works for the Trane Thermostats. Unfortunately, there's no programmatic way to rescan (at least I can find) so you have to manually do it every so often..

Z

Comment

Thank you so much! it works! Yeah, there should be a way to automate this.

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Try rescanning it from the Root Thermostat Z-wave tab. That works for the Trane Thermostats. Unfortunately, there's no programmatic way to rescan (at least I can find) so you have to manually do it every so often..

Z

Comment

Originally posted by emiliosic View Post
          Thank you so much! it works! Yeah, there should be a way to automate this.
          Glad it helped. Can't take credit for it, someone else posted it previously. Can't remember who though, hard enough to remember my name

Z

Comment

This is perfect worked like a champ on my TRANE XR524 thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
              This is perfect worked like a champ on my TRANE XR524 thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Check your thermostat child devices. I just realized/remembered Rescanning sometimes creates duplicates where the old devices are no longer active.

No good deed goes unpunished

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                Check your thermostat child devices. I just realized/remembered Rescanning sometimes creates duplicates where the old devices are no longer active.

No good deed goes unpunished

Z
                Indeed! I'm not planning to rescan anything, until I hear this is resolved.....

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191853
                HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                Home Assistant 2024.3
                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

i recently used the rescan workaround (thanks) to bring my American Standard/Trane Z-Wave thermostat's clock back in sync. It's been a bit more than a year since the last post on this topic - does anyone one know if this issue has been addressed by subsequent beta versions of the plug-in?

Regards,
                  BBB

Comment

Check to see that no new child devices where created after your rescan. It's been know to do that occasionally..

Z

Comment

Thanks - I don't see any additional child devices.

BBB

Comment

Having the same issue with MCO-Home MCOEMH7H Thermostat. Link below just shows what it looks like I do not have the electric heating type.
                        https://www.uk-automation.co.uk/mco-...t-z-wave-plus/

Also ocasionally loose the ability to send info to this and other Z-wave+ devices.
                        Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Water & Heating Heating Mode

Comment

I am using HomeSeer ZEE S2, for my controller. I had the same issue with new Trane XR 524, I just installed and after trying the rescan it did add one more entry to the device as advised. After being installed for about twelve hours the time on thermostat was four minutes ahead of the system.

After deleting the added entry I selected the parent line for the thermostat, selected Z-Wave tab at the top of screen and set polling interval to ten minutes so I could watch to see if it added lines to the device. After a few hours I checked and everything was fine. I then the set the polling to one hour intervals. The next morning the time matched the rest of the network. I may try longer periods of time for the polling to see if I can get by with less.

Comment

Working...
                          X