Have it display nothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have it display nothing?

So I got my Beta Brite working, now to get some useful information on it.

Basically, I would like it to display nothing most of the time. That way when something does display on it we know to pay attention. Only want it to display stuff when told to, wait 20 seconds or so and go blank again. Things that will display: dryer finished, doorbell rings, hourly display of date:time. Things like that.

So my question is: Is there a way for it to display nothing? Completely blank, like it was off.

Thanks!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Hi,

There's a few ways you can do it:

-changing the sequence to a text label that you don't use using either the event command or using a script. Then, when you have something to display, run an event or script command to set the sequence back to your normal text labels
    -displaying an empty text label normally and then use the Queue Message event command or in a script to display the message for a period of time. You can define how long the messages display.
    -using the Message Enable/Disable event command or using a script. You can enable the text labels when you want to display something and disable them when you don't.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Disable/Enable the message works perfectly! I thought I had tried that but I did so many things I may have just thought I tried it, lol.

Thanks!
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
      X