Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Events based on temperature with multiple thermostats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events based on temperature with multiple thermostats?

I have the 1.1.0.0 plug-in installed with HS3 windows. I have four thermostats setup and working.

I'm interested in setting an event to handle turning on a ceiling fan in the middle of the night if it's hot outside.

One problem, when I set up the event and use "If device has a value set and is greater than..." there are multiple "Indoor Temp" values. Likewise Fan Mode, Fan Status, Hold Type, Operating Status and the rest. They're all labeled the same, but are obviously for different thermostats.

I have each thermostat named. Those names do appear in the drop-down, along with all my other devices. All of those menu entries have names based on concatenated strings. Like "1st Floor Living Room 1st Floor Thermostat" which is based on "1st Floor" being the floor value, "Living Room" being the room and "1st Floor Thermostat" being the name, as set in the device details for the thermostat.

It'd be helpful to know which device is associated with each value.

Meanwhile I'm open to suggestions/warnings/other advice on how to best implement this kind of event.

On my system, the thermostat devices all have both location 1 and location 2 populated, and the event dropdown shows them accordingly (see attachment). Can you provide a screenshot of how your thermostats look? Feel free to email them to me instead.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
      On my system, the thermostat devices all have both location 1 and location 2 populated, and the event dropdown shows them accordingly (see attachment). Can you provide a screenshot of how your thermostats look? Feel free to email them to me instead.
      Mine did not populate that way. I went into the Device config and manually renamed them. I went into the Advanced tab and noted the 'Associated Devices' string. It contained the 'Floor Room Name' string.

It seems the way the plug-in populated the values didn't include naming them in a similarly concatenated fashion. All I did was load the plug-in, give it my credentials and it did the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
        Mine did not populate that way. I went into the Device config and manually renamed them. I went into the Advanced tab and noted the 'Associated Devices' string. It contained the 'Floor Room Name' string.

It seems the way the plug-in populated the values didn't include naming them in a similarly concatenated fashion. All I did was load the plug-in, give it my credentials and it did the rest.
        Yeah, I don't presume to know what you want for location 1 and location 2, so that's why they come in blank. Changing them to your liking as you did just now is the intent. I'll look to update the documentation to clarify that option.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
          Yeah, I don't presume to know what you want for location 1 and location 2, so that's why they come in blank. Changing them to your liking as you did just now is the intent. I'll look to update the documentation to clarify that option.
          Oh, I agree on the floor and room info. There's no way to know how those should get set during an import. There's nothing on the Honeywell site that indicates it.

It'd be convenient to have a 'less manual' way to handle moving the associated devices around. Because, right now, I have to go into each of them, look at the Advance tab, and then use that to rename and relocate them, one at a time. Granted, it's a one-time-thing, but still...

Comment

Working...
          X