No announcement yet.

Zee S2 - PHLocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little help moving the file from my Mac to the Zee. I must not be getting the command correct. I can change the directory but not doing something right with the copy command.

Here is where the zip file is located on my computer...

/Users/pmp350/Desktop/PHLocation Files/PHLocation_3_0_1_47.zip

Would you write the correct command so I can copy and paste, please?

Thanks,

AARPaul in Florida

Comment

The easiest thing to do is copy it with FileZilla to a folder that you do have permissions in. A sure bet is homeseer's home directory. /home/HomeSeer/ Usually anyway. Then copy to correct folder in the HomeSeer root folder. From anywhere this will work:

$ sudo (heh, spellchecker keeps changing sudo to suck) cp /home/homeseer/file_to_move /usr/local/HomeSeer/Updates3/Zips/

If you want to keep the same file name you don't have to type it in again. If you want to change it type the new name after the last /.

Edit: /home/HomeSeer should be /home/homeseer
      Capitalization matters in linux.

Comment

Success!!

It's installed!!

Thanks for all the help!!

Comment

And now for more help............

I'm understand the concept with GeoFencing. I need help setting up the server. I have no idea as to what port to use on my router.

Any suggestions? I have an ASUS RT-AC88U.

I'm already thinking about going back to the SEL. Already using 3 of my 5 plug-in allotment and still have another one to add after I het PHLocation up and running.

Everybody has been great helping me out on this. I have officially turned off my Smartthings network because I'm confident I can set things up the way I want with help from my new friends.

Thanks again,

AARPaul in Florida

Comment

Working...
          X