Mark forums read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark forums read

Anytime I log on the site it automatically marks every thread as read. So if I log on to simply reply to a thread I'm subscribed to it marks all threads read. Next time I log on if I click new post I only see new post since the last time I logged on. Any way to change this. I have seen forums that only threads you click on will be marked as read unless you click on mark forums read.

Originally posted by freeon View Post
    Anytime I log on the site it automatically marks every thread as read. So if I log on to simply reply to a thread I'm subscribed to it marks all threads read. Next time I log on if I click new post I only see new post since the last time I logged on. Any way to change this. I have seen forums that only threads you click on will be marked as read unless you click on mark forums read.
    That is the normal behavior of this version of vBulletin. The cookie has a time value for new threads that is reset each time you log in. It is not capable of tracking individual threads or posts. I think that feature is added in later versions of vBulletin and in other BBS software packages.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the info. I would have replied sonner but didnt want the forums the be all marked as read

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        That is the normal behavior of this version of vBulletin. The cookie has a time value for new threads that is reset each time you log in. It is not capable of tracking individual threads or posts. I think that feature is added in later versions of vBulletin and in other BBS software packages.
        Odd. Doesn't work that way for me. I have to "mark forums read" under the "Quick Links".
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML