ZSmoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Searider View Post
    Very interesting Langenet. I am on V3 and have about 8 ZSmokes installed and not a single one of them is checking in hourly. In fact not even daily. I am also using the new Znet controller.

I think I will completely uninstall one and re-install to see if this resets things.
    I don't get heartbeats either, as I mentioned in the other thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...=174570&page=2

I installed this less than 24 hours ago, so I can't speak about daily yet.

Comment

Help me?????!!

Originally posted by Slab0 View Post
      Hi folks,

I thought that I would share my HS3 compatible script that I am using for my ZCOMBO's. My thanks to the many posters in this thread, and especially to Wadenut for his example script.

To use it, I've created individual events for each ZCOMBO notification child, and each battery child. When the value of either is set or changed, the script is called with a single parameter specified in the event's Parameter field... specifically, the full address string as shown in the 'Address' column on the Homeseer server home page for the child device ... <text cut> ...
      I need a little help with this script. While the battery event works just fine for me, the notification event doesn't - when enabled, every time a notification event occurs it triggers the event multiple times resulting in LITERALLY 10's of thousands of log entries, for each event for each alarm for each notification change (i.e. every time a heartbeat is received, etc.)

I have pored over the events multiple times and I don't see what I've done wrong. I'm hoping someone who is using the script successfully, or you, John, can give me some tips or insight into getting this to work correctly.

Thanks,
      Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

I'm not sure what script you are referring to, but I can tell you that in HS3, the ZSMOKEs can be handled without scripts by using events unless you are interested in human readable representations of notification device codes. The key thing to do with ZSMOKEs is to check for a device being set and having a value of some sort. If you just check for a value, you will be constantly be triggering the event. So, for example, if you want your event to check for a battery value falling below 31%, your IF condition in the event would be:

IF Smoke Alarm Battery was set and has a value that is less than 31% THEN
        do something.

The smoke alarm will only set the Smoke Alarm Battery device once when it changes to 31%. You will only get another triggering of the event if it continues to change to an even lower value which takes days or weeks from my experience with Zsmoke battery devices.

Comment

Just a side note. My batteries actually need to be replaced at around 80% according to what they report. They never get as low as 30%.

Comment

Working...
          X