This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark,
    My system almost never triggers the relay. On the garage doors, it is only triggered to close the door if it reports open when its not supposed to be. That happens very rarely. Its just a security feature and not used normally to open or close the doors. Of course it happens when the poll reports incorrectly, but the relay is triggered after the wrong poll, so would not be the cause of it. Another application I have (with the same polling error problem) is for some freezer sensors that only use the IOLinc input, the relay is not connected physically or logically to anything, so its unlikely the relay is the cause.

I was running the poll interval at 5 minutes to make it happen 2 or 3 times a day. When I had it at an hour it could go for 2 or 3 days before getting a wrong poll. I'm hoping that yours will do the same in the next few days...

Edit: One more piece of info I didn't give you is that the input needs to be wired so that the green IOLinc input light is on. I forget if that is closed or open. Can't remember if I told you that I did a test with the garage door open for several hours and it did not report incorrectly. However, the test may not have been long enough to be conclusive. So if your led is off, you will need to wire it to be on to match my installation conditions.

Comment

Burrington,

I have the input sensor wired as you suggested: the sensor is closed/off, and the led is on/green.

Here is my question: Even if my iolinc experiences the same issue, I'm not sure there is anything I can do about it other than report it to smarthome.

any chance the garage door sensor is falsing reporting when the door blows in the wind? I had this problem once.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Wind blowing the door is not an issue. The sensors are very close so the door has to open about 3" before the sensor trips. It happens on all 7 of my IOLincs including 3 garage doors, 2 freezer sensors, 1 electric blanket, and 1 main water valve. The other 4 of my 11 IOLincs are not polled and do not exhibit the problem (they're only used as relays to trigger Halloween decorations).

My knowledge of Insteon protocol is very limited. But I still feel there is an issue when the Insteon detailed log shows raw data from a poll that is identical to all other polls, and yet the plug-in suddenly decodes it as a value change.

Comment

can you install 3.0.6.8 from the beta section of the updater and test.

i made a few changes that compute the status. no guarantees
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

please try 3.0.6.9. i made another change related to polling the iolincs. Basically i added a delay between polling the sensor and relay so the misc sensor responses would get deleted before polling the relay

i know we adjusted the debounce time once; at some point we can return this to the default value.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
            X