Trouble Unpairing a Schlage lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Unpairing a Schlage lock

Hi, trying to unpair my Schlage lock (FE599) that has been paired and working for a while. I am using the Smartstick controller on HS3 and I have the lock off the door, sitting on the table next to the controller.

I have tried the following:

1) put controller into Remove/unpair device mode and entering the Schlage programming code followed by "0". Result is one blink of red Schlage light and nothing appearing in HS unpairing screeen (just waiting for device message)

2) same as #1, but instead just tried hitting lock or unlock button on the physical lock; same results - no device discovered in the HS Unpairing screen.

3) reset the lock to factory setting (even though it states in the manual that this does NOT unpair from a bridge). The lock remains paired to HS (I can see lock/unlock status changes) and re-tried #1 and #2 above - same result.

4) New set of batteries (trick that worked for pairing a different lock in the past that came from the user board) - same results as above.

I plan to reuse the lock in a new location with a new controller and am concerned that the lock will not pair in the future since it seems to think it is already paired (e.g. it won't keep blinking the red Schlage light when I put the lock in pairing mode - it only blinks once).

All suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

-------

Update. Problem was user error. I have two different kinds of Schlage locks, one keypad and one touchpad - turns out the sequence to put them in pairing mode is slightly different between the two (FYI, on one model you hit the "Schlage" button between programming code and Function Code and on the other you don't). Anyway, using the proper sequence for the lock I was trying to unpair worked.
    Last edited by Rube Goldberg; February 21, 2017, 07:32 PM.
Working...
X