Is this a faulty device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a faulty device?

I have two WD100+ devices installed as a test. For two days they both worked fine. This morning, however, one of them began to exhibit strange behavior. When I went into the Homeseer settings for it, and went to the Z-Wave tab, it told me "Firmware version information could NOT be retrieved. Please make sure the device is communicating and refresh this page" and I was unable to expand the Z-Wave settings or the associations. Remote control of the load continued to work fine, and Homeseer continued to receive status updates for local control.

I tried cutting and restoring power to the device, and that solved the problem, but within an hour, the problem was back. Several hours have passed, and I have never again been able to get the Z-Wave settings, but the device still works fine, both remotely and locally.

The device has firmware 5.16.

Do I have a faulty device, or is there something else going on here? Any help would be appreciated.

That typically happens due to a communications issue. I have seen the same issue with other zwave devices. How big is your zwave network and have you done any optimizations?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the response, sparkman. I was pretty sure it wasn't a communication problem, since I could still control the dimmer remotely, but just to be sure, I have now moved the controller so that it is 5 feet in front of the problematic dimmer, and the problem persists. Looks like I must have a defective device.

Comment

I had one that I just installed that wasn't reporting the central scenes... everything else ran just fine. I ran an optimization on it and now it works just fine.

Comment

before you jump to defective switch try impairing and repairing. Or optimizing it. 9 out of 10 times time the switch is self (relay or dimmer driver) will fail before the z-wave portion.

Comment

Working...
          X