error updateSpeakDevicesAddr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error updateSpeakDevicesAddr

I'm getting an error in the log don't see any issues with the plugin running

weatherXML Error
    updateSpeakDevicesAddr: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

any thoughts on what is causing this

I have some functions that are trying to clean up the device addresses in preparation for some future changes.

Please go to the device management page and select for the page to show the weatherXML weather Speak devices only.

Check the Address column to see if the device address all start with Speak Device #
    followed by a number.

If you have some that have an address that does not follow the above format, please send me an email with the address of the devices.
    jeff at myautomatedhome dot net
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'm not seeing an address column this is what I have
      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting... I just restarted Homeseer after patching Windows (probably been 3 weeks or so since the last reboot), and for the first time, I got the same error:

2/23/2017 11:18:45 AM ~!~weatherXML Error~!~updateSpeakDevicesAddr: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: lengthStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Reading your reply to Gary, none of my Speak Item device addresses seem to follow the naming convention you mentioned. Do I need to select something else to show the info you need?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
          Interesting... I just restarted Homeseer after patching Windows (probably been 3 weeks or so since the last reboot), and for the first time, I got the same error:

2/23/2017 11:18:45 AM ~!~weatherXML Error~!~updateSpeakDevicesAddr: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.Parameter name: lengthStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Reading your reply to Gary, none of my Speak Item device addresses seem to follow the naming convention you mentioned. Do I need to select something else to show the info you need?
          The error won't cause any problems other than an entry in your log file. I will fix this in the next release.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

thanks Jeff, look forward to the fix. mine all have the wrong format
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X