NorthQ 9021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NorthQ 9021

Since few days testing the new smart energie meter sensor from NorthQ.
    Homeseer connection is working fine.
    I'm getting the new data every 13:30 minutes...(this must be 15 minutes)

Know I' looking for a plugin/script to log the date and display in a nice charts.

Any help is welcom.

The Z-Wave Smart Meter Sensor is a compact sensor designed to read meter values from traditional electromechanical and electronic meters with optical port. The sensor*is easy to install and ideal for precise meter reading down to 0,1kwh. Its compact size and external wireless transmitter makes it easy to install in any distribution*board.

I have recently purchased the same energy meter. However I'm having some problems. Using Homeseer Pro and Aeon LAbs Z-stick controller.

I can get the z-stick and the NorthQ paired, and in Homeseer I get 3 devices:

Accumulated Power consumtion
    Battery level
    Root device with an accumulated power reset button

However, I'm not able to get data from the NorthQ. I have installed the NorthQ per instructions. The manual states that when pressing the button once on the NorthQ the LED on the NorthQ should start flashing to indicate each pulse it is metering. (I have a visible LED electric meter)
    My NorthQ does NOT do that!

Could you check yours, and see if the LED is flashing after you press the button once?

I have also tried to reset the NorthQ (7 x button presses) and start over again, but with the same result.

The only thing I could not complete was the setup of the NorthQ software (http://www.northq.com/powerreader).
    Did you do that?
    I tried to but apparently the software does not recognise my Z-stick, so I am not able to complete the setup. I do not think that that should have anything to do with it, but maybe the NorthQ software writes some info to the NorthQ meter allowing it to start metering? Seems illogical, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
      However, I'm not able to get data from the NorthQ. I have installed the NorthQ per instructions. The manual states that when pressing the button once on the NorthQ the LED on the NorthQ should start flashing to indicate each pulse it is metering. (I have a visible LED electric meter)
      My NorthQ does NOT do that!
      Hi,

Please make sure that config register 2 in the devices is configured to 1 (pulse meter) .. If it's set to 2 it is configured for mechanical meters.

If you cannot set this in homeseer then you might try another zwave controller software which allows setting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
        The wakeup problem is most likely because homeseer doesn't set correct time in the device using command class time parameters.
        The device is designed to have it's real time clock set - when running without a "good" clock it will do rough time estimations.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck View Post
          Hi,

Please make sure that config register 2 in the devices is configured to 1 (pulse meter) .. If it's set to 2 it is configured for mechanical meters.

If you cannot set this in homeseer then you might try another zwave controller software which allows setting this.
          Where do I enter this?

Is it under Configuration on the Root Device.
          I have Parameter Number and Configuration Value.

Where should I select 1?

Comment

I choose Parameter Number = 2 and Configuration Value = 1, and set the wake up intervall to 6 min.

However, it still will not work. No blinking LED on the meter.
            Also, the meter does report the accumulated kW usage to Homeseer, but only about once per day, and the value is totaly incorrect. (was 21 kWh on the first report, even though it should be closer to 100 kWh, and the last 2 updates have been stuck at the same value...)

Any ideas?

Comment

Here is link with info about all Parameters and possible values for NorthQ power meter: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/103
              (Look on parameter 13 - LED blinks at pulse counting)

Comment

Did you press the button once to wake the 9021, before setting the parameter?

Comment

Just click on link that I send and use 1-2 min. to READ.
                  So will you found: "Wakeup Note - Buttom double press, LED will flast twice" Wakeup Note:Button doble press, LED will flash twice

Comment

Originally posted by hkmod25 View Post
                    Just click on link that I send and use 1-2 min. to READ.
                    So will you found: "Wakeup Note - Buttom double press, LED will flast twice" Wakeup Note:Button doble press, LED will flash twice
                    mhn is correct. Press the button once for waking up the device and keeping it awake for 15 minutes. Two presses will send an wakeup event but functions exactly like the wakeup timer expiring meaning that sensor will instantly go to sleep afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
                      Did you press the button once to wake the 9021, before setting the parameter?
                      Yes, and Homeseer did not complain about not beeing able to reach the unit (which it does if the unit is asleep)

Thanks for the information everybody! I will try again tomorrow and let you know how it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                        Take a look on doc here (about sensor calibration): http://www.smarthus.info/support/man...r/NOQ_9021.pdf

Comment

Well, tried to set values according to info recived on the board here, but still I can't get it to work...

It does not blink on puls counts after pressing the button once (wakeing up), and it does not transfere its data every 15 min to homeseer...

It does transfere data to homeseer when i have it in wake up mode, and placed close to the homeseer computer, but the pulse counts are all wrong, and not at all close to the kWh value it should have.

If left by itself it will transfere its value to homeseer about every 24-36hrs, but allways the same value as last time...

So I will try once more to get it to work, adding it to a seperate z-wave network on a new computer, and going through all values to make sure they are set correctly/to their default value.
                          If that does not work I'll probably have to RMA the device as it think it's broken...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
                            So I will try once more to get it to work, adding it to a seperate z-wave network on a new computer, and going through all values to make sure they are set correctly/to their default value.
                            If that does not work I'll probably have to RMA the device as it think it's broken...
                            Hi,

I doubt that the device is broken but make sure that the cable is plugged in correctly. It can easily go loose if the back plate is not mounted.
                            You are also very welcome to take a photo of how you meter that shows the meter type and how you have mounted the sensor head.
                            This will make it easier for me to come with suggestions for fixing your setup.

Comment

OK, i will do that at as soon as I get the time!

Comment

Working...
                              X