No announcement yet.

ZSmoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you've got the results of two separate adds there. If you don't want to go through it again, just hold tight and see which set is valid and working; then delete the others. It'll sort itself out in about 24 hours. Afterward you can rename the good ones and even change the device codes and location if you like.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Using "ZSmoke Interpretation.vb" on my H2, should I be looking for a value change to the Root or to the Alarm for my Event?

If I press the Test button (setting off the alarm) should that fire the event? So far I have not seen the "Last Changed" time change at all, even when Testing the alarm. (Root says "Never Set", Alarm says "Today 12:51:02 PM" and Battery says "Today 12:51:03 PM", which are the Add times).

PS: Thanks all for the help...you make this the best info Forum out there!

Comment

Heh heh heh

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        Here's a script (in progress) to give some support for these units to HS2. Instructions are in the script ...
        Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        OK. I have updated the script above. Treat this as a completely different item as the event definitions have changed..
        Last night I was scratching my head really hard trying to figure out what I had done to trigger this log message:
        Code:
        [SIZE=2][COLOR=#d58000]Warning [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#d58000]Garage Smoke Detector heartbeat has not been seen since ...[/COLOR][/SIZE]
        especially since I don't have any device named "Garage Smoke Detector". I had been working on the scripts I have for the sump pump (http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....6&postcount=31) and had then corrected some mistakes I made setting up the events for this "ZSmoke Interpretation for HS2" script then went to bed. I finally found this message today - it's hard coded in this ZSmoke script at the end.

Greg, have a chuckle on me! Thanks for all your hard work regardless!
        Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

So I had one of my zmoke chirping for low battery this morning when I woke up. I was surprised because in looking at the batter child, it reported 70% or so of battery life last night. Has anyone actually seen the battery level report low so you can anticipate the battery swap?
          On a side note, I just changed the batteries and I didn't have to re-add to my zwave network... (always wondered what would happen on these when the battery died or when they are taken out and re-added)

Rob
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
            So I had one of my zmoke chirping for low battery this morning when I woke up. I was surprised because in looking at the batter child, it reported 70% or so of battery life last night. Has anyone actually seen the battery level report low so you can anticipate the battery swap?
            On a side note, I just changed the batteries and I didn't have to re-add to my zwave network... (always wondered what would happen on these when the battery died or when they are taken out and re-added)

Rob
            If I recall correctly, it only sends out its battery level when you do the self-test (I could be remembering wrong, but I believe this was the case). So, when was the last time you did the self test? You are supposed to do those weekly according to what is stamped on most detectors.

I have one of these, but I have also not done a self test in many months. Oops. If only we had some kind of automation system that could remind us once a month.

Comment

Well...I'm not sure about that as I have watched the percentage of battery life go down a little since I put them in service....
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Mine updates when you do the self test.

But it also seems to randomly update the battery every week or so.

Comment

I've found the battery reports about every time the unit checks in... a little more than an hour.
                  On the battery, I put a new battery in about a month ago, at about 75%. It ran for a couple of weeks before it started chirping again. It's in the garage, and I haven't been working out there much lately, so I've just left it alone this time. It's currently showing 77%.

Comment

Huh, well I was totally off on that one. It must be that the updates will not route, and must need to be directly picked up by the ztroller or whatever zwave interface one has. Mine has not shown an update in a while, but I have had the ztroller on that end of the house disconnected due to some house work for a few months. Or it might be that I never put new batteries in that one a few months ago when it started low battery chirping...I don't recall. Too many projects ongoing.

Comment

Yeah.. I think mine was about 77% as well. I was kinda expecting the battery to start chirping around 5%... oh well...

Comment

Well, if a battery is only going to last a month, it's not much good to me.

Comment

Well... this is the first battery change since I got these at almost exactly one year ago... not too bad I suppose.

Comment

I have seen the same thing. I wonder if the battery values are different for some reason. I have been intending to monitor them by watching battery levels but the chirp happens first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

AlarmType codes

Good info in this thread such as that AlarmType is 1 for Smoke and 2 for CO. Does anyone know what codes 22 and 90 are? I got those codes two nights apart with no chirp.

Comment

Is the general consensus that these units are worthwhile? I have a couple of ZCOMBO units that I got recently, but haven't installed them yet. Our old carbon monoxide detectors went beyond their rated life (apparently the detection element has a finite life of 3-5-7 years or something), so picked up the Z-Wave units for a fun test.

Comment

Working...
                                X