No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way to pair multiple apple-id's to HomeBridge. You have to use the "invite" feature.

You can invite her apple id, then there is no problem with triggers, as there is no trigger !

What do you mean with triggers ?

HomeSeer events are simulated using a HomeKit switch.
    --
    stipus

Comment

I want to use HomeKit triggers for geo fencing whether we are home or at work or whatever and feed that back to HomeSeer...

Have it working for my iPhone..
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

How do you feed HomeKit geo-fencing to HomeSeer for your own iPhone ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

Look at the Home app which has the ability to allow the user to create location and characteristics type of triggers when the are related to a scene that feeds into HomeSeer.

Make sense?
          HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

PS: these geo fences work really well with no apparent battery drain.

At present, I have two of them defined which track how many hours I am at work and how many I am at home.

All thanks to the work you did to bring HomeKit to HS.

Comment

So I am thinking that I could set up a separate bridge for my wife?

What would need to be unique if on the same machine and same network but different applied?

"name": "Homebridge",
              "username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
              "port": 51826,
              "pin": "031-45-154"

Comment

How do I get Homebridge-Homeseer.cmd to start automatically when HS starts. I inserted below code in start up VB as instructions and it doesn't launch it and I get an error in the log.

HTML Code:
                "     ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer
                    hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                  How do I get Homebridge-Homeseer.cmd to start automatically when HS starts. I inserted below code in start up VB as instructions and it doesn't launch it and I get an error in the log.

HTML Code:
                  "     ' Start Homebridge-Homeseer

hs.Launch("C:\homebridge-homeseer\homebridge-homeseer.cmd","","C:\homebridge-homeseer",0)

The instructions were wrong as far as the location/placement of that statement in the script. I can't remember what the instructions said but put it where you think it should go, ie where the other statements in the startup script are

Comment

Instruction said insert after end sub, which didn't make sense. I inserted before and it worked. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                      The latest HomeSeer platform (V0.6) is now available from the HomeBridge github repository

https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
                      So, I am using Ubuntu running in ESXi. I installed Node.js and Homebridge just fine. Do I need to install a plugin (like homebridge-http from https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-http) or do I just use your package? I went to the nfarina/homebridge page but I can't find your package for HomeSeer. Where is it and is there a quick how-to on how to install and set it up (thus far I've only made it to about a third of this thread but haven't yet seen what to do after installing homebridge).

Also, I guess the HomeSeer package doesn't allow for sending status to iOS HomeKit apps. I saw that the aforementioned homebridge-http plugin supports a field for status, but not sure if it sends updates automatically or on demand (such as refresh button).

Thanks.
                      Last edited by randman; February 26, 2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                        Use this link for the documentation
                        This isn't clear to me. Some questions:

1. Is this just a HomeSeer plugin for helping create a config.json or does it also come with a HomeBridge plugin?

2. I am running Ubuntu and have installed Node.js and homebridge. What else do I have to install to use your plugin?

3. Does this work with stipus' HomeSeer platform for Homebridge or is it independent?

4. I am running HS3 in Windows XP and Homebridge in Ubuntu. Does the plugin assume that HS3 and Homebridge are running in the same server?

Thanks

Comment

I've just changed my phone, and done a restore from backup. Unfortunately all my hard work appears to have disappeared, and eve shows nothing. When I try to add the homebridge device again, it finds nothing.
                          Is there something I need to do to iCloud, homekit or homebridge config files?
                          Many thanks.

Cheers

J

Comment

My hunch is that you need to do a encrypted backup to ITunes in the future. When doing so, it backs up everything including passwords. Otherwise, it only does,a,limited,backup to protect your data on the destination machine.

Comment

Yeah that sounds like a plan.
                              Thing is I don't mind adding it all again, I'm just struggling to get eve to see the homebridge. Any ideas anyone?
                              Cheers
                              J

Comment

Eve Energy devices

Stipus,

I am still using your wonderful HomeSeer.js script in the legacy plugin package with the latest homebridge. All is working well but I am hoping to add my energy devices (Watts, volts, etc) so that they show up in the Eve app. I know that energy devices are not included in the current version of homekit but it looks like Elgato went off on their own and built energy devices that work with their Eve app outside of the homekit API. Looks like some folks are reverse engineering this protocol.

https://gist.github.com/gomfunkel/b1a046d729757120907c

Any thoughts on adding watts, etc?

Comment

Working...
                                X