No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Approved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent news. As always, I appreciate the hard work you guys put in to making such an excellent product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone in Canada get an Amazon Echo?
      If so, where did you get it. Amazon will not ship it to me in Canada.

I am trying to find an Echo with the remote.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post

Found this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_...x3NF30DTME6VMK

Sounds like it will probably work. If you need a go-between, I'm happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Yes, the lighting API is still in the works, just one last issue to deal with then we will submit for approval, should be submitted this week.
          Will the lighting API allow us to configure which devices should be considered as a 'light'? There's probably a lot of on/off type devices that aren't necessarily lights, but would be controlled with the same type of command.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post

I've been on the wait list since they were first announced. I don't think they've indicated if and when they will start shipping to Canada. Finding someone in the US to buy one for you is probably your best bet.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Maybe we could set up some sort of brokerage service eh?

I am in Chicago. Maybe a group buy and I can send them up north and someone there can distribute them?
              Last edited by Pete; January 27, 2016, 11:40 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                Will the lighting API allow us to configure which devices should be considered as a 'light'? There's probably a lot of on/off type devices that aren't necessarily lights, but would be controlled with the same type of command.
                The API will work for any on/off or dim type devices regardless of the name of the device or the name of the buttons.

The on/off and dim functionality is determined by setting the 'control use' of a status pair associated with the device.
                Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Homeseer Log Display of Echo Commands

I know I can look at the Alexa App under Settings/History to review what Alexa thinks I asked for.

1. How do you display in the HS3 Log File the command that was sent to Homeseer from Amazon. for example - "Alexa, tell Homeseer to run the "End of Day" event?

2. Is there any way to have Alexa RUN an event without ending the phrase with "event"? It seems that the word RUN would be enough. I'm finding that after extensive testing Alexa interprets the last word "event" as "eve, yvette, avent, avante" or "of it" even though I am distinct in my pronunciation of "event".

Thanks,

Doug
                  Last edited by Camguy52; February 3, 2016, 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The current skill is based in sample intents (statements) that are coded into the skill prior to compiling it, so we don't have any way to adapt to the way the echo might interpret something that was spoken.

All the work right now is being done on the myHS site, so you won't see anything in the logs either.

We have a new skill in certification right now that will be handled in HS3.

See this thread for more info.

If you don't want to wait for the certification, we've set up our linking with Amazon to allow users to use their own skills with myHS to control their devices.
                    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Maybe we could set up some sort of brokerage service eh?

I am in Chicago. Maybe a group buy and I can send them up north and someone there can distribute them?
                      Hey Pete, sorry missed your response before. Thanks for offering. I'd like to take you up on that.

To any of the other Canucks on the board, anyone else interested?

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Wade,

I have been experimenting with a simple skill set for HS3 Events only with mixed results.

Intent:

{
                        "intents": [
                        {
                        "intent": "RunEvent",
                        "slots": [
                        {
                        "name": "Group",
                        "type": "LITERAL"
                        },
                        {
                        "name": "Event",
                        "type": "LITERAL"
                        }
                        ]
                        }
                        ]
                        }
                        Utterances:
                        RunEvent to run {something|Event} event

I'd really like to just say "Tell Homeseer to run "event name".

Do I have to use the Group as well as the Event Name? Do I have to finish the phrase with "event"?

Thanks for your help,

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

See this thread for more info.
                          Excellent!

Comment

NEW skill

[QUOTE=Sgt. Shultz;1225581]

any Ideal when Google will release this???

Comment

I think this is a joke? But if not, Amazon is the one who needs to release this and we have pinged them again yesterday to get a status. We are waiting on both the Skill and the connected home API to be released.

[QUOTE=drmcp;1226016]
                              Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

any Ideal when Google will release this???
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you for all your hard work. I know that Savant has VR (they've also teamed with Apple) and Control4 has a VR module as well. HS3, of course, has it's native VR. However,...

I do think you are going the right direction when it comes to VR because there are a lot of interesting things happening with Echo that you get to benefit from without having to do a thing. For instance, they just release a new skill that let's me order my favorite pizza from Dominos or order an Uber. If Echo is the VR front end for HS from a use case/function standpoint, then it is basically like HS users just got free Dominos and Uber plugins.

Hopefully, they (read: Amazon), gets off their collective behinds and releases the functionality that allows folks with multiple Echos to have them function uniquely or at least identify themselves uniquely to the skill service destination.

If I were to make a little pseudo Echo with a Pi, would I still have access to this skill or does it only work on actual Echos? Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X