Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended command for SW10

Hi,
    how can I send an extended command to my SW10.
    I try to replace ExecX10 by
    hs.PluginFunction("X10","",ExecX10,{"O4","extended",25,3})
    but, this command does not work
    Can you help me.

Hi,

I have the same problem.
    I try to find solution everywhere on the web but nothing works for me.
    I'm using CM15a interface with my SW10.
    With HS2 everything was working perfectly, since HS3 it is a nightmare.
    ..it is the reason why I'm still using HS2...

Comment

Originally posted by matlhome View Post
      Hi,
      how can I send an extended command to my SW10.
      I try to replace ExecX10 by
      hs.PluginFunction("X10","",ExecX10,{"O4","extended",25,3})
      but, this command does not work
      Can you help me.
      I don't have any experience with extended X10, but I am using the X10 plug-in function to send Preset Dim commands.

In addition to calling the function, you also need to add this line to your script:
      Dim X10plugin As HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess = New HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess(hs, "X10", "")

I think the function call also needs another parameter at the end. You can also try using a return variable with the function.
      Try something like this:
      strRet = X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"O4", "extended", 25, 3, False})
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Uncle Michael is correct. You need to create an object that is set to the plugin and then you can access the ExecX10 function. You will also need to include the boolean Wait parameter at the end, either True or False. I would recommend always using False.

Code:
        Dim sRet As String
        Dim X10plugin As HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess = New HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess(hs, "X10", "")
        sRet = X10plugin.PluginFunction("ExecX10", {"O4", "extended", 25, 3, False})
        Note that if you are using the CM15 plugin you will need to refer to that plugin rather than the X10 plugin:
        Code:
        Dim X10plugin As HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess = New HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess(hs, "CM15", "")
        Or it might have to be "CM15a" (I don't recall the precise plugin name off the top of my head.)
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

There was a problem with how the plugin handled Extended X10 commands. This has been addressed in a new beta version that is available for download here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185551

Note that this has only been fixed in the "X10" plugin but not yet addressed in the "CM15A" plugin.

Please install according to the instructions in that thread and let me know what happens.
          Last edited by mfisher; December 10, 2016, 05:47 PM.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
          X