Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this plug-in play well with the Alexa Plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear: that's in my current development version... which I want to get working correctly with the Echo before I release it.
    Ah... my bad. I'll monitor the thread for updates. Thanks.

Comment

While I obviously can't control the temperature settings or get temp feedback, I am able to turn all of my Honeywell Thermostats on and off using Alexa, simply by having made virtual devices for each and then creating events to respond to changes in those virtual devices.

Comment

I just released an update that was supposed to make the answer to the OP's question: "Yes", but while I've got the thermostat API working (and it works with HSTouch!), HS's voice parsing still doesn't seem to recognize the device.

Waiting on HST for some info or a software update...

Comment

Any updates?

tx

Comment

Originally posted by norcalhkr View Post
            Any updates?

tx
            No, HST hasn't responded to my message yet, but they did just release an update to HS3 3.0.0.293 which I have installed but haven't tested to see if it fixed this issue.

However, Honeywell announced native support for the Echo last month, so I hooked mine up that way (which saves an extra 2 round trips to the cloud).

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
              Had a serial connected thermostat for years connected to HS1 and HS2. Wanted a WIFI based one so got one of the Honeywells off the list. Don't have HS3 in production yet and was wondering if anyone has this plug-in and is using the Alexa plug-in. If so, do the two work together? Can you query Alexa about the current temp? Can you change the temp via Alexa?
              Honeywell Total Connect natively supports Alexa now.
              https://mytotalconnectcomfort.com/portal/Home/FAQs

Comment

Working...
              X