Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not working for me anymore in UK, Anyone else having the issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Skill not working for me anymore in UK, Anyone else having the issue?

Since yesterday every request I send just gets a response saying:

"I am unable to reach the requested skill"

I have tried deleting the skill and starting again from scratch but still getting the same message.

Is anyone else in the UK who used my tutorial getting the same problem??

Thanks, Matt.

Mine is the same but I believe it is to do with MyHomeseer issues: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174888
    Jon

Comment

Not working for me in US

Comment

I have been using Croccy22's method and tutorial together with Jon00's scripts fine for some little while now.

However last day or so I get the previously mentioned 'I am unable to reach the requested skill' reply.

However, having said that, the odd instruction does work every now and then, but mostly they fail.

Comment

Seems to be back up and running at the moment

Comment

I have a similar problem with the api. Sorry this device cannot be reached at the moment. Try a few times and eventually it works. Some of them are virtual switches so it cannot be a communication issue on the HS3. Must be a Alexa issue, probably effecting skill and api I guess.

Comment

I tried the custom skill this morning, and got the unable to reach requested skill. In the app I can see SSL handshake failed, I think someone else had the same error. So its not fixed yet. I don't think its related to MyHS as I can remotely log into my system, and the HSTouch app works too remotely.

Comment

I noticed the same error on Wednesday evening - although Alexa started to respond to the skill later that evening.
                But I haven't been able to issue commands through Alexa since Thursday afternoon - still off now.

Comment

Same here. It happened around the time HS did some server migration, but thats all fixed / backed out now yet alexa still not working. What i cant see is where this is getting looked at - do we need to log with HS via a ticket? Anyone done that?

Comment

It's being tracked in this thread
                    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174888

Comment

From what I can tell, the "Homeseer" skill works in the us, but our "dev" skills are not. I've tried in the US and I get both Homeseer created ones to work, but not my own. Rich said they are looking into it and they are creating their own "dev skill" to try and replicate. It is being tracked in the thread linked in the previous post.

Comment

Ditto for about a week now

Don't think it is a myHS issue as I've logged on (even from work).

Being able to use it as a HS interface was the ONLY and SOLE reason that I bought these - if it doiesn't get fixed two out of three will be going back and I'll just go back to my Android phone (HomeSeerRemote - mine and AnyMote by ColorTiger).

They don't even NEED the cloud!

And this is why I don't like the idea of stiffing everything where I don't have control.....

Comment

This issue has been resolved. You need to modify the SSL certificate in your Dev skill. Details here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=315
                          Jon

Comment

Yes that fixed it for me.

Comment

Tried to do the SSL certificate

Found it on another (non HA) forum and tried it, let me do it

I had tested that I could get onto myHS from outside (fine), and tested the 'utterance' which gave back code (before it said it couldn't get to myHS - invalid response or some such).

Unlinked/linked but still no joy.

Ach well, that is two of the Dots going back, one to play with and I guess I'll wait for Google Home and see if that is workable - until then I've got my Android app.

Pity I really liked the form factor but it really needs free text to be useful.
                              (I don't use Jon's clever script, my plugin already does word spotting, but I'm DEFINITELY going to steal the idea of having synonyms - sorry Jon.)

Comment

Working...
                              X