This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mark,

I assume you haven't heard anything back from them yet. They should be more supportive of your efforts. It can only sell more of their products, right? I don't get it. Is there anything we could do to light a fire under their butts?

If they don't send you one, what about those of us here who care, buy you one?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

+1, I'll buy mark whatever he needs to make his plugin support all insteon devices.

Comment

Guys, if I don't hear from smarthome early next week, we will proceed with your plan.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Good news. Smarthome is shipping me a siren module. I should have it early next week. I'll post an update here when i have a new beta out for you to try.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

That's better than good news, that's great news! I'll be sure to get my HS3 and plugins fully updated in the meantime. Thanks for the update!
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              That's better than good news, that's great news! I'll be sure to get my HS3 and plugins fully updated in the meantime. Thanks for the update!
              make backups of the insteon.ini and homeseer database before hand
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I actually have a habit of backing up the entire HS3 Program Files folder before updates. I did that then updated to the latest updater release. I'm also in the habit of disabling plugins before updating them because I had an issue with one of my plugins once when I didn't. I disabled Insteon, updated, closed HS3, edited Insteon.ini to set RecreateDevices=1, started HS3 and observed RecreateDevices get set to 0 after startup. I assume everything went well and I can await your Siren beta!

Comment

+1 as I have a siren as well.

Comment

+1 also, will be swapping two intermittent alert modules that lock up for the new sirens! Thank you

Comment

Guys, while I wait for my unit to arrive this week, I thought I would ask how you anticipate using the Siren module.

the unit can be a controller when the alarm is triggers. So for instance in addition to the alarm sound, it can turn a light on and off repeatedly.

the unit can also be a responder if you want to arm or trigger it via another insteon device (ie kpl, remote, etc). this might get a little messy with the UI.

I plan to add hs device UI buttons for manual arm, disarm & trigger sound, and event actions for the same. There will be a trigger when the unit is in the alarm state.

what else can you think of that you might need?

give me a use case on how you plan to connect/use this with your existing insteon network
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sure. Well, to start, I knew nothing of the arm/disarm capabilities of the device itself. My use cases depended a little on what I could get it to do.

1) First and foremost, I'd like a way to start and stop the LOUD siren via HS events. I would also like a few selected lights to flash while the alarm is sounding and I'm not sure if it would be better accomplished via this device or HS events. This would all be for security purposes, of course. I haven't decided yet how I might automatically trigger the siren and lights flashing, but I would want manual control as well.

2) I would like to use the chime feature in a couple ways so far: in my garage to send audible notification that the door is about to close, and in the house whenever an external door is opened. This assumes the chime is a pleasant, brief, non-ear-piercing sound. Volume level control would be a huge plus.

I'm not sure I would want to 'arm/disarm' the device and have devices linked to it control the siren directly. My security setup is a bit complicated and I'd want a timeout of some sort before the siren goes off. Perhaps the device supports this, I don't know. I'm going to go read the manual now :-)

Comment

Comment

Can the siren be sounded even when it isn't armed?

I'm interested in getting one to use in parallel to my Vista 20P because we only have one siren in the house.

Do you know if the siren (as a controller) would set any insteon lights back to the brightness they were at when it is disarmed?

For instance, if my living room light was at 40% and the Vista 20p was armed (which in-turn arms the siren), assuming I set up simple events (sound the siren when the alarm becomes "Burglary Alarm"/turn off the siren when the alarm becomes disarmed), will the living room light return to 40% when the siren is disarmed?

Comment

the siren can be sounded without being armed. there will be an event action to do this.

the siren will not return the light back to original dim level. it will probably end up in the Off state.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Guys,

I got my Siren today (wed 1/11)

the Siren Module does not have volume control. There are two distinct tones:

1. a very loud 120dB siren, and

2. a ding-dong chime which is still loud 95dB @ 1 ft (much louder than anything the alert module could generate)

The siren can be set to sound for a specific period of time in seconds up to approx 127 secs, then it will shutoff automatically. its a countdown timer.

There is also a shutoff cmd, which will silence it at any point.

while the siren is sounding, if it is linked to a light, it will flash the light on/off for the duration.

i should have something for you to test this weekend. i can post a new beta friday afternoon/evening if you have time
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X