Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to change it so Hue lights show 0-100 vs 255?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to change it so Hue lights show 0-100 vs 255?

Is there any way to make the Hue lights work like a normal light, and instead of a dimming range from 1-255, have it be 1-100 like normal?

ryuvann,

I am following the Philips definitions for the lights here. These are represented by 1 to 254. I stick to that for now.

I did get a few questions on the percentages that other interfaces like alexa seem to expect. For that reason I enabled the "Can_Dim" option in the configuration page as Alexa seems to need that to be able to perform the conversion? On the other hand HSTouch is not able to handle the Can_dim option. So with each interface other values or settings are expected.

I really think that any interface translating a command from one system to another is responsible for the conversion. Another interface (Google Home?) could expect the 254 values instead.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by ryuvann View Post
      Is there any way to make the Hue lights work like a normal light, and instead of a dimming range from 1-255, have it be 1-100 like normal?
      A late follow up on the dim values, the current beta of the plugin (2.0.0.11) can show the dim value as a percentage now. The option can be set in the configuration page.

Thanks,

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
      X