Adding Aeotec Micro Switches failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Aeotec Micro Switches failing

Ok, so this evening hasn't been very successful. I have been battling getting 5 different Aeotec Micro switches added to my setup tonight. . .I have recently upgraded my ZWave plugin to the latest and HS3 to the latest beta.

System profile:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.307
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 5 Days 0 Hours 24 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.x.x.x
    Number of Devices: 261
    Number of Events: 141
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.85: HSTouch Server
    3.0.0.6: HSZigBee
    1.0.16323.357: MyQ
    2.1.5.29: OpenSprinkler
    30.0.0.33: RFXCOM
    3.0.2.3: SDJ-Health
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

With the Micro Smart Engery Switch G2 switches (4 different units). . .all of them seem to be getting added incompletely. It says 5 of 6 child devices created successfully. . .excluded and included over and over again. . .same result. . .rescan on device. . .same result. Then when I try to go the the ZWave tab and try to expand the Settings. . .the system goes unresponsive and then I find errors in the log. . .and the ZWave tab disappears on the root tab of the devices. . .I restart the interface (connected to my ZNet) and try going back to the device. . .and the ZWave tab remains missing.

The Micro Double Smart Switch I was trying to add tonight adds successfully with 5 of 5 child devices. . .but then has the same issue if I go to the ZWave tab and try to expand Settings??

Including screenshots.
    Attached Files

Anyone else having these issues on the same ZWave Plugin version with any of these two devices? I am wondering if upgrading to the latest from .63 (I think it was) last week is where my problems have started. I have an electrician coming in on Tuesday to install some new fans and was hoping to make use of one of these new switches. . .but with it being up above a fan. . .I don't really want to still be messing with getting these stable. . .

Thanks.

Comment

Mine seem to add 5 of 6 devices too, I'm running .307 and 3.0.1.95 Z-Wave plugin so I think that's the way it's actually meant to be?

Try updating the z-wave plugin, there was apparently a bug in the older versions.

I also had to set param 80 to 1 (1 byte) for instant reports, then select to report all values to Group 1 - Mine doesn't show that Amps (Meter A) and Volts (Meter V) are even reporting in the settings tab but they work fine.

Comment

Hm. K. Last comments I saw about the latest beta seemed to suggest issues. Have you tried .102?

Comment

Nah not yet, everything is working fairly well for now so I think I'll keep it as is. I don't see anything in the release notes to suggest any fixes for me.

So can you get the devices added now? Just can't open the Z-Wave settings on the root device?

When I go to Settings on mine, it takes longer than usual to bring the settings up, and then gives me an error "No response from the device. Please make sure the device is powered and operating properly." but that seems like a bug as I can communicate with the device fine.

Comment

I reset the zwave plugin last night and I can now access the settings though it is slow indeed. I think I am okay for now.

Comment

Started failing again. Had to reset zwave plugin again

Comment

Working...
              X