Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Multilevel Sensor Node Motion

I have noticed recently that my Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW100-A Z-Wave Multisensor 6 GEN5 motion sensor is throwing out new motion commands on a very regular basis, and I was wondering if there is a sensitivity setting that I can adjust on this device?

Thank you

Originally posted by sonypoolplr View Post
    I have noticed recently that my Aeon Labs Aeotec ZW100-A Z-Wave Multisensor 6 GEN5 motion sensor is throwing out new motion commands on a very regular basis, and I was wondering if there is a sensitivity setting that I can adjust on this device?

Thank you

You can set parameter 4 from 0 to 5 with 5 being the most sensitive and 0 is disabled. Note that HS will show the motion sensor as disabled under the zwave settings if you use values 2 through 5. This is a bug in HS and has been reported through Bugzilla. If you set the motion sensor as enabled through HS, it will set parameter 4 to 1. Older firmware versions only supported enabled/disabled so make sure you're on 1.06 or newer.

Cheers
    Al

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      You can set parameter 4 from 0 to 5 with 5 being the most sensitive and 0 is disabled. Note that HS will show the motion sensor as disabled under the zwave settings if you use values 2 through 5. This is a bug in HS and has been reported through Bugzilla. If you set the motion sensor as enabled through HS, it will set parameter 4 to 1. Older firmware versions only supported enabled/disabled so make sure you're on 1.06 or newer.

Cheers
      Al

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Hi Al, where can I find the firmware for the multi Sensor? I have searched their website support page and can't find it. Do you have to send them an email to get it or is there a place to download it?
      Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
        Hi Al, where can I find the firmware for the multi Sensor? I have searched their website support page and can't find it. Do you have to send them an email to get it or is there a place to download it?
        Thank you!
        You can get it here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...08-11-02-2016-

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Can the sensors be updated via Homeseer (I have a Z-NET), or do we have to remove, add to a zstick, update, remove, add back to Homeseer?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JasonJoel View Post
            Can the sensors be updated via Homeseer (I have a Z-NET), or do we have to remove, add to a zstick, update, remove, add back to Homeseer?
            You have to do the latter, although upgrades can be done with devices other than a z-stick. Their support page shows the steps and what is needed. Would be great if they provided the hex file so that it could be updated using HS.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Originally posted by JasonJoel View Post

They can only be updated with a compatible USB controller.

Aeotech will not provide the binary for updates, only a packaged updater that looks for a USB controller.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I did the update to 1.08, it was tedious but not terrible. Download software package from Aeotec and have a Z-stick. Then exclude from your controller, update firmware and include again into your controller.

I never actually included or excluded it from the Z-stick.

Comment

That is how I remembered doing the last upgrade I did on one. Shame it isn't easier to do, as I have a number that should be upgraded but am too lazy.

It takes quite a while by the time to go through the whole thing and then reads them back to Homeseer and fix events, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    They can only be updated with a compatible USB controller.

Aeotech will not provide the binary for updates, only a packaged updater that looks for a USB controller.
                    Argh! I just setup 3 of these sensors, and the day after, there’s a new firmware:

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...te-12-14-2017-

So, we still can’t update via Z-NET? I don’t have a USB stick controller. Only
                    Z-NET.

New in v1.10 firmware:

1. Added addition setting for Parameter 81 to completely disable LED.

Parameter 81 [1 byte size]

0 = All LED allowed

1 = Disable Motion sensor only.

2 = Disable all LED activity

2. Size change for Parameters 41, 49, and 50 to 4 byte size.

3. Updated Z-Wave Library

4. US, AU frequency V1.10 equivalent to V1.11 EU frequency.

5. Version CC and Manufacturing CC listed under secure network.

6. Improved accuracy of lighting sensor

EDIT:I see the Aeotec Z-Stick is $45 from Amazon. Not paying for that. And what a pain to have to exclude, include and fix events. I have a easier solution instead of the LED parameter 81 firmware enhancement: a small piece of white electrical tape.

Comment

I got lucky sorta, I use an Aeotec Z-stick so I was able to upgrade the firmware without excluding and including again. Very easy if you already have them on a Z-stick, not so much if not.

John

Comment

I too have the Aeotec z-stick. I'm on v1.08 which I'm not sure why it was pulled because it works quite well. At this point I'm hesitant to move to 1.10 since I don't mind the LED

I would love to get some feedback from others that moved to 1.10.

Comment

Working...
                        X