This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid/Missing Node Greater than 101

Somewhere in the last 6 months (where there has been some addition and deletion of z-wave nodes, HSPRO upgrades, and other routine maintenance) I am now seeing 'INVALID/MISSING NODE 117' in my network audits.

First question: I didn't think z-wave had any nodes past 101?

Second question: Has anyone else seeing Invalid/Missing nodes above 101 before?

Third question: Any idea on how to clear this up?

Situation:
    - I have 3 z-trollers
    - The now 8 units reporting 'INVALID/MISSING NODE 117' are all associated to 1 secondary z-troller.
    - I have unplugged and pulled the batteries on the maybe offending z-troller and restarted and reset it.
    - Looking at the primary z-troller .ZWave file I see no 117
    - I have performed numerous nightly Z-Wave Health optimizations and they are not clearing...actually increased from 7 nodes to 8 nodes last night
    - All physical devices are accounted for (aka there is not a Z-Wave device that is not in the network within the 1-101 range).

Ken J.

HSPRO 2.5.0.80, Applied Digital Ocelot 2.2.2433.35446, HSTouch Server 1.0.0.60, iAutomate RFID 1.1.0.0, NetCAM 1.1.0.1, TED 1.2.0.3, UltraMon 1.1.4743.28927, UltraWeatherBug 1.0.4738.21017, 88 Z-Wave nodes, 3 Z-Trollers, Ocelot (4 SECU16, 1 Relay8, 6 Bobcat T, 1 Bobcat H), 9 iAutomate tags

Here's one post on the topic.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152432
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,
      I have cleared out invalid/missing nodes before like the thread you identified. But this invalid/missing node (117) is strange in that it is out of the Z-troller bound (aka the node is greater than 101). It is not in the zwave configuration backup file (and never was because again z-troller only goes up to 101). And only appears to be affecting the secondary z-troller devices.

Comment

I know how to hard reset the primary z-troller (backup the z-wave configuration file, Erase interface from the manage page, then reload the configuration file).

Anyone know how to hard reset a secondary z-troller?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaje View Post
          I know how to hard reset the primary z-troller (backup the z-wave configuration file, Erase interface from the manage page, then reload the configuration file).

Anyone know how to hard reset a secondary z-troller?
          Do the hard reset on the primary controller and do a Sync Installer Interfaces from the ZWave Management page. After that is complete, shutdown/restart HS. In the startup log, you should see the correct number of nodes in each controller.
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

...out of the Z-troller bound (aka the node is greater than 101)...
            I've not heard of a 101 limit before? This says 254 devices max: http://www.homeseer.com/support/faqs/faqs_z-wave.htm, and this one 232 Z-Wave nodes max: http://www.homeseer.com/pdfs/Z-Troller-2007.pdf
            I'm up to node #195 on my Z-Troller, although there are 95 actual nodes, it will be a major bummer if I only have 6 nodes left to install...
            Attached Files
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Olbrit,
              Don't ask me where I read it (it was a long time ago), but I thought it was odd at the time (normally 256 for all things binary). But when I hit 101 and added a device it 'rolled over' back to the first available free spots for the next devices I added.
              Upon further research it looks like the 'roll over' was just a coincidence with me resetting a z-troller. Bottom line is that is a relief to me...I was wondering what I was going to do as I was approaching 100 nodes.

Ken J.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                Do the hard reset on the primary controller and do a Sync Installer Interfaces from the ZWave Management page. After that is complete, shutdown/restart HS. In the startup log, you should see the correct number of nodes in each controller.
                Thanks, Will do that this coming Thursday when I have some spare time in case something goes wrong.

Ken J.

Comment

Olbrit,
                  Don't ask me where I read it (it was a long time ago), but I thought it was odd at the time (normally 256 for all things binary). But when I hit 101 and added a device it 'rolled over' back to the first available free spots for the next devices I added.
                  Upon further research it looks like the 'roll over' was just a coincidence with me resetting a z-troller. Bottom line is that is a relief to me...I was wondering what I was going to do as I was approaching 100 nodes.
                  Ken J.
                  Hey Ken, glad to hear that. Yes, mine gives me a mixture of old node numbers and new ones, but I've never given it much thought as I figured I was less than half way through the total availability.
                  All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                    Did as you suggested...the Sync Installer Interfaces step came back with a:
                    "Interface Garage was not changed and does not need to be restarted.
                    Retrieving controller data from interface Garage... Please wait.
                    FINISHED Syncrhonizing interface Garage."
                    I might add that it came back really quick (as in I don't think it did anything to the secondary controllers).

I will let it "Network Health" optimize tonight and see if it clears up my mystery node.

Ken J.

Comment

Went from 8 nodes with 'INVALID/MISSING NODE 117' to 6 last night, so I think the Hard Reset worked. Hopefully with each nightly health run the mystery node will be purged. If you don't see any more updates on this thread you can assume it was successful.

Thanks,
                      Ken J.

Comment

Working...
                      X