Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change an HSTouch screen dim script to work in HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, trying to find out what that button is called so that I can have an event do a press it at night to black out the screens.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

My button is called "power", and is placed on the screen "Hovemeny" (main menu).

It's called like this:

On Android clients the "power" button release action sets the dim level to 0.
      On Windows clients the "power" button release action runs this command: "nircmd.exe monitor off"

Nircmd is found here:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus,
        Thank you for your follow up.

My home screen is just called "Home" but "Homeower" doesn't seem to work. I'm really not sure what that gear like button on the bottom left does, but I don't believe it is a dim level. Using your script I've done dim of 0(lots of light from screen) and its not the same as when I press the gear button(complete blank dark screen).

I'm gonna seek if Rich could shed some light on this, because these new screens are super bright a night.
        Attached Files
        Tom

Comment

I ended up creating a new screen with a totally black back ground and putting a huge image box on top with a touch action loading the home screen

Comment

Thanks.
            So your using the old hstouch templates I assume and not the latest version of android client?
            Tom

Comment

Im running HSPro however I got the android file from HS3's designer, however that file did not have the blackout button that the App i installed from the google play store had.

hope that makes sense

Thank you

Comment

Yup,
                Yeah I redownloaded the Designer and didn't find the lastest Android template at all. But it doesn't matter if that "gear" like icon was not there.
                Got too many other small projects going on now, but will have to make hidden button with blank page as soon as I get some time.
                Thank you for your replies!
                Tom

Comment

Check this directory for win7 machines if you have the designer installed:
                  C:\Users\[username]\Documents\HSTouch\Skins\Tabletop\Graphics\screen-off-big2.png

The button's "Actions when pressed" are loading a new screen with the background set to black (like what in4ni did) with a blank image that when pressed, brings you back to the home screen. There's also a Misc action "Set Screen Brightness" which is used on both screens to lower and brighten the screen accordingly.

The problem I find with this feature is that your screen isn't actually sleeping - it's still on.

I found a nifty little app in the Android store called "Screen Standby" which is very effective. It allows your screen to turn-off (not just dim) but will not put the tablet to sleep. It also allows the screen to wake when tapping anywhere on the screen. I don't use it on my mobiles, but it's very effective on Android tablets designated for HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
                    C:\Users\[username]\Documents\HSTouch\Skins\Tabletop\Graphics\screen-off-big2.png

The problem I find with this feature is that your screen isn't actually sleeping - it's still on.

I found a nifty little app in the Android store called "Screen Standby" which is very effective. It allows your screen to turn-off (not just dim) but will not put the tablet to sleep. .
                    That's really good to hear, as I've looked all over this board last few days.
                    Good point about the screen not sleeping. Screen Standby is probably a better option. Will check this out.
                    Thank you again!
                    Tom

Comment

NP. You'll have to play around a bit, but it's by far, the best option I've found yet for a dedicated tablet running HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Krameduoh View Post
                        The button's "Actions when pressed" are loading a new screen with the background set to black (like what in4ni did) with a blank image that when pressed, brings you back to the home screen.
                        I've installed the new hstouch designer but still no such button in the graphics folder. Strange. Do you know the name of this button, not the file name but the name so that I can call it when executing an event.
                        Event Action - HSTouch Actions > Simulate Press of an Element > Element Name: Home:__?__ (just need the name of the button)

Or What is the name of the new blank screen called. I could call this
                        Event: Hstouch Actions > Display Screen By Itself > (SCREEN NAME)

Again for some reason I don't have these new templates in my designer so can't look any of this up.
                        Tom

Comment

Button name is "Image 002" and Screen name is "Sleep"
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Mark or karm!
                            that did it! Been looking for two weeks. For what ever reason many of us still dont have that gear icon or the sleep screen even with the latest designer. I had almost given up.
                            sleep screen with screen standby app will be a great fit.
                            Tom

Comment

Mark was able to find the screen. its called "Sleep"
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=11
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X