EgiGeoZone Zone Testing Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EgiGeoZone Zone Testing Option

I installed EgiGeozone on an Andriod and entered a server profile, which tested correctly and updated the test device in HomeSeer by hitting the 'glasses' icon.

I also successfully entered a 'home' (geofence) zone and it created a Home device in HomeSeer and also updated correctly.

Question is, how can I test the other Geofence zones that I entered so their devices are created in Homeseer?

In Geofency there was a 'test entry and test exit' button that would do this.

How would one go about testing the Geofences with EgiGeofency? I wanted to setup some events and need the devices created. Can this be done manually as long as the names are in sync with the andriod?

Should I just enter these Geofences as 'common places' so they are entered by PHLocation instead of using EgiGeofence?
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
    I installed EgiGeozone on an Andriod and entered a server profile, which tested correctly and updated the test device in HomeSeer by hitting the 'glasses' icon.

I also successfully entered a 'home' (geofence) zone and it created a Home device in HomeSeer and also updated correctly.

Question is, how can I test the other Geofence zones that I entered so their devices are created in Homeseer?

How would one go about testing the Geofences with EgiGeofency? I wanted to setup some events and need the devices created. Can this be done manually as long as the names are in sync with the andriod?

Should I just enter these Geofences as 'common places' so they are entered by PHLocation instead of using EgiGeofence?
    Its a while since I used EgiGeoZone but as far as I can remember there was no way to send a test from each individual geofence.

Yes, it uses the device name which should be in sync with the names on the Egi app, however you won't easily be able to create the devices manually using the standard HS3 device management page because there are some extra attributes that need to be set for it to work.

I could add the ability to add fences manually but I'm in the middle of a major re-write of large parts of the plug-in so it's not easy for me to get an update out right now.

What I can do for you if required is knock together a quick script that will create the child fence devices for you if you provide the root device ref and a list of names you want created.

Drop me an email if you would like me to send you a script.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks for the generous offer!

That sounds like a lot of work and I'll make do for now. Perhaps include this feature in your new plugin?

This is a really great plugin BTW!
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Ping the EgiGeoZone developer, he's been very responsive to me.

I just asked him to add a new feature that would keep sending Tracking info for a user definable time frame, after entering a Fence. Because often tracking is way behind and has the wrong address after entering a fence. So it's out of sync.
        Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X