Valve Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve Failure

When I started my system this year I noticed that I recieve "Valve Failure" on all of the zones for one of the Rain8 expansion modules. I assume that because all of the valves on that module show valve failure that the module is toast, I do know that by sending a direct 24 volt signal to the valve that they operate. Does anyone have any suggestions or further troubleshooting that I may be able to do before I drop another $100 on this system?

Thanks in advance

It is likely a cable problem rather than a module problem. The RS232 cable from the PC to the first Rain8 module will provide sufficient power to make this first Rain8 appear to function without 24VAC connected to it, however the valves coils will not have sufficient power to operate. Wiring of 24VAC to the first module and the interconnect cable between modules are the likely culprits. The module positon in the daisychain of modules does not matter so each can be individually connected to the first position. Another diagnostic is to remove the module from service and use the configuration utility provided by WGL or mcsSprinklers Professional to query the EPROM. If you have communication then you have a good module and this confirms you have a cable/source power problem.

Comment

Michael, thank you for the suggestions, I was able to run the configuration program and solve the issues that I was having.

Comment

Working...
      X