This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing devices

I'm in the process of 'upgrading' from PLC to PLM in order to support new devices.

A while after I get everything working, four devices stop showing up in the status tab. They still show as currently registered insteon devices (in manage devices.) If I delete the "In-Linelinc Relay" the other three devices magically reapear in the status list. Re-adding the device and all is fine for a few days until at some point, all four devices eventually disapear, again. They are all in the same "room" catagory. So I did try installing the inlink-relay to another room. It seemed to take longer for the devices to disapear, but once again all 4 stopped showing eventhough they were in different rooms.

There is no rebooting of the computer or restarting of Homeseer in this time. The box running Homeseer does little else (only has a network share and a VNC server). Almost no other applications are loaded. I've only encountered this since installing the PLC - and I have not even installed the new device that I want to support. May go back to the PLM! Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by dpm416; December 18, 2012, 08:14 PM.

can you tell me what version of HS and the insteon plm plugin you are running? if you are using the latest no worries, but if you are using an old free plugin, please let me know.

i would check to make sure you don't have the same insteon id registered to two different devices. I would also check to make sure the internal hs device ids (usually a 4 digit number) are unique

are any of the device set to be hidden on the hs status page?

have you tried just deleting all four devices and reregistering them in the plugin

check for any duplicate unit codes on any of these devices.

ps. i think you are migrating from the old PLC to the new PLM (2413). the PLC is no longer supported
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

more info

First, thanks for the speedy reply! Yes, you are correct, moving to 2413, i wrote it backwards!

HS : Standard Edition 2.5.0.49
      Insteon plugin 1.7.3.1

There are several items hidden in the normal view. THe devices in question do not show when I unhide all--furthermore, they fall off the events action lists that were controlling them. I did try deleting them all the first time. Now I just delete the one since I get the same results! I see no duplicate codes in the list.

Where do I find the internal HS device ids? I tried looking in the database, but it asks for a password.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm416 View Post

Where do I find the internal HS device ids? I tried looking in the database, but it asks for a password.
        Shut down HomeSeer before copying the database to another directory, then you will not be asked for a password.

Comment

more info

I presume the 4 digit is in the database named ref? There are no dupes.

Upon restart of Homeseer my devices have, again, disappeared. I'm not seeing anything in the log that would indicate a failure of any kind in the start-up process.

Comment

yes to the ref question

can you generate an error report from the config page of the plugin and review the startup log entries for anything unusal.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

only this stands out:

12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] There are existing 'DeviceBaseCode' class HomeSeer devices currently using the previously allocated base house code of: '['.
              12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] Registered house code '\' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.
              12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - 40 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
              12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] There are existing 'GroupBaseCode' class HomeSeer devices currently using the previously allocated base house code of: '^'.
              12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - 9 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.

Comment

Originally posted by dpm416 View Post
                only this stands out:

12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] There are existing 'DeviceBaseCode' class HomeSeer devices currently using the previously allocated base house code of: '['.
                12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] Registered house code '\' as a new code for device class 'DeviceBaseCode' because an existing HomeSeer device was found using it.
                12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - 40 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon device database.
                12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - [HCM] There are existing 'GroupBaseCode' class HomeSeer devices currently using the previously allocated base house code of: '^'.
                12/19/2012 6:29:29 AM - 9 Matching HS device records were found and updated for the Insteon group database.
                these are are normal messages.

have you searched the general hs forums for disappearing devices. I'm starting to think something else is going on
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  these are are normal messages.

have you searched the general hs forums for disappearing devices. I'm starting to think something else is going on
                  I can say from experience that other plug-ins can cause this sort of thing and worse to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by joegr View Post
                    I can say from experience that other plug-ins can cause this sort of thing and worse to happen.
                    Good point.

dpm416,

what other plugins are you running?
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

problem solved...I hope

Thanks to everybody who had suggestions. I tried removing unused plug-ins--there were quite a few that have accumulated over the years! Trimmed it down to a bare minimum, but the problem persisted. I ran the compact and repair utility on the database (in MS Access) still, the problem remained. Before a new install and setup, I tried deleting all my devices, not just the ones that were experiencing problems as I had in the past. Once the device table was empty, I re-installed them (as well as the device actions that were cleared when the device was deleted). This seems to have solved the problem of the devices disappearing in the status pages (stable through several restarts and many days now.) Thanks again.

Comment

Well that was the brute force method. Keep us posted.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X