mcsSprinklers - Davis Vantage View - Cumulus - Data - Methodology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mcsSprinklers - Davis Vantage View - Cumulus - Data - Methodology

Just an FYI how I am getting my Davis Vanatage View data to mcsSprinklers.

There are many ways to do this and you can also just utilize internet weather data and or weather station data to do this.

I run two weather stations using Cumulus Application on two autonomous computers. Two Homeseer Cumulus plugins read the data from the Cumulus weather stations via the internet. I also utilize xAP broadcasts from the Cumulus software. This gives me a bit redundancy.

The data from the Cumulus software is updating a Cumulus web site. Two directories on one web site along with the creation of a custom text file (CSV) every few minutes.

I put in the link for the website CSV file and extract each field of data that I need for the application.

It works well and is quick.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

I was thinking of setting it up like this when I buy the weather station. I really like the cumulus software. So your saying your uploading data to a website then directing mcsprinklers to that site. My initial thought was to have the networked cumulus pc send the data locally with mcsprinklers pulling it from that network location.
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

uploading data to a website then directing mcsprinklers to that site
      yes. The data for HS is just a couple of csv text files. Separate ones though for the Homeseer Cumulus plugin and mcsSprinklers.

WUN today though is totally worthless as its just mostly full of adverstisments and makes the webpage super slow. So probably going to stop uploading soon to WUN.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/wxpage....t=36&radar=***

http://www.wunderground.com/weathers...p?ID=KILLOCKP1

Then it uploads data also to multiple weather sites.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; May 23, 2013, 09:21 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X