No Network found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Network found

I am trying to upgrade from HS2 to Hs3 & I keep getting the "There are no networks operational at this time." when I go into Manage the z-troller. HS2 works fine. Both HS2 & HS3 are on the same machine.

Originally posted by Mikesbs View Post
    I am trying to upgrade from HS2 to Hs3 & I keep getting the "There are no networks operational at this time." when I go into Manage the z-troller. HS2 works fine. Both HS2 & HS3 are on the same machine.
    You have to add the Z-troller as an interface to HS3, enable it, then import the devices from the controller into HS3. You cannot operate HS2 and HS3 simultaneously connected to the same controller.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      You have to add the Z-troller as an interface to HS3, enable it, then import the devices from the controller into HS3. You cannot operate HS2 and HS3 simultaneously connected to the same controller.
      I wasn't quite clear on my post, I am not running both at the same time I closed up HS2, but they are both loaded on the same PC. I have imported my devices with the H3 Import. I have added the Z-Troller to HS3, but whe I go into manage it is whe I get yhat error message.

Comment

I wasn't quite clear on my post, I am not running both at the same time I closed up HS2, but they are both loaded on the same PC. I have imported my devices with the H3 Import. I have added the Z-Troller to HS3, but whe I go into manage it is whe I get yhat error message.
        When you say "I have imported my devices with the H3 Import", I am assuming that is the import utility and does not mean you clicked on "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices", since you don't have a network.

The most common mistake is not enabling the controller. It should have a green check like the first screenshot. If not click on the red circle with the line through it in the bottom screenshot. Also make sure the interface has been added like in the bottom screenshot.

If you don't have any of that, you need to click on "Add Interface". If I am still missing your point post a screenshot of your management page.

Attached Files
        Last edited by randy; June 7, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

When you say "I have imported my devices with the H3 Import", I am assuming that is the import utility and does not mean you clicked on "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices", since you don't have a network.

The most common mistake is not enabling the controller. It should have a green check like the first screenshot. If not click on the red circle with the line through it in the bottom screenshot. Also make sure the interface has been added like in the bottom screenshot.

If you don't have any of that, you need to click on "Add Interface". If I am still missing your point post a screenshot of your management page.

I haven't captured a screen before & pasted it, so I am trying to figure out how to do that

Comment

I haven't captured a screen before & pasted it, so I am trying to figure out how to do that
            There is software you can download for free that will do it. On Windows I use the following method
            • Drag the edges of your browser window to make it only as large as it needs to be
            • Make sure the window you are trying to capture is the active window (click on the top bar)
            • Press Alt + Print Screen to capture the active window to the clipboard. PrntScr alone will capture the entire desktop
            • Open Paint
            • Click on Paste (or press Ctrl + V) to paste the captured screen
            • If there is personal information in the screen capture you don't want shared use the eraser tool to remove it
            • Click on File/Save As, then save it to your desktop as a .png or .jpeg file, use a simple name for the file, i usually name mine 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.
            • Attach the file to your post under "Manage Attachments" below

Comment

There's a new Snipping Tool that comes with Windows 7 and newer OS's that makes it really easy to capture a screen shot. Look under Start > All Programs > Acessories > Snipping Tool.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                There's a new Snipping Tool that comes with Windows 7 and newer OS's that makes it really easy to capture a screen shot. Look under Start > All Programs > Acessories > Snipping Tool.
                GREAT TIP! Pinned that one to my task bar

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  Thanks for the reminder. I forgot that was there. Old habits...

Comment

HS3 Z-Troll

There is software you can download for free that will do it. On Windows I use the following method
                    • Drag the edges of your browser window to make it only as large as it needs to be
                    • Make sure the window you are trying to capture is the active window (click on the top bar)
                    • Press Alt + Print Screen to capture the active window to the clipboard. PrntScr alone will capture the entire desktop
                    • Open Paint
                    • If there is personal information in the screen capture you don't want shared use the eraser tool to remove it
                    • Click on File/Save As, then save it to your desktop as a .png or .jpeg file, use a simple name for the file, i usually name mine 1.jpg, 2.jpg, etc.
                    Here is my capture screen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is my capture screen.
                      Click on Add Interface, name it, pick the type, pick the port, enable it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

After that you will need to "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices". That will import all of your Z-Wave nodes into HS3. It will not import the names you used in HS3, you will have to do that on a device-by-device basis.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by randy; June 8, 2015, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Open Paint
                          Thanks for all your help, I finally got my Network setup & Z-Troller imported all the devices. Now I just have to setup my events

Comment

Thanks for all your help, I finally got my Network setup & Z-Troller imported all the devices. Now I just have to setup my events
                            Now the fun begins

Glad you got your controller sorted.

Comment

Excellent! Now backup your network, throw that old Z-Troller away and get a new Z-NET!
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X