Reset "Unknown" status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rprade View Post
    You do not need to exclude and include. It is a field on the device you cannot see. Run this command from the control panel or Event:

&hs.DeviceInvalidValue(1234) = False

Replace 1234 with the device RefID.
    This does not work for me. I have tried this over and over on multiple devices, and it does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
      This does not work for me. I have tried this over and over on multiple devices, and it does nothing.
      Hmm, it has worked on all of mine. Sometimes I have to clear the string as well.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hmm, it has worked on all of mine. Sometimes I have to clear the string as well.
        I have separate events built with both commands:

&hs.DeviceInvalidValue(3776) = False
        &hs.SetDeviceString(3776, "", True)

Both events will run without error in the log, and the second event clears the string to blank (or will insert No Status between the quotes if I substitute that), but the Unknown with the red question mark persists.

I have also tried &hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(3776, 0, True) which doesn't error, but doesn't make any change in the value (presumably since it already shows as "0").

On these devices, these values are always the same. Changing the string does not fix anything:

Status 0 = OFF
        Value 0
        String

Comment

I found the answer since I posted above last July. You do not need to exclude and include. It is a field on the device you cannot see. Run this command from the control panel or Event:

&hs.DeviceInvalidValue(1234) = False

Replace 1234 with the device RefID.

You may also have to clear the string if one has been written.

I have two devices with the unknown status too. These commands do not fix it either. When I try to control either device, this error appears in the log:

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: <NAME OF DEVICE>

Do I have to exclude and re-include, then fix my events to get it working? Could I just have failed devices?

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
            I have separate events built with both commands:

&hs.DeviceInvalidValue(3776) = False
            &hs.SetDeviceString(3776, "", True)

Both events will run without error in the log, and the second event clears the string to blank (or will insert No Status between the quotes if I substitute that), but the Unknown with the red question mark persists.
            String
            Thank you!!
            In my case, &hs.SetDeviceString(242,"",True) was used to reset a device text which for whatever reason, had become "stuck".

Comment

Comment

Hikvision Firmware Fiasco - update

Have reviewed the various script options with no luck. I have four (4) of the eight (8) cameras reporting motion. The only difference between these cameras is the IP addressed. All cameras display the "unknown" question mark icon, with the previously mentioned four reporting motion and then the "unknown" icon.

If anyone has found a solution... I will be watching.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X