Best Android client...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Android client...?

I'm using Backitude at the moment, and it seems to work fairly well without hurting the battery level.

However, it does not start when the phone boots, and that is highly annoying!
    Is there a client that does?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

I recently started using phlocation and am using egigeozone on android for the tracking. Working on 2 devices so far and tracks nicely and haven't noticed any more battery drain than usual. Hope this helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Something is wrong. Backitude automagically starts for me just fine.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

When I first started using phlocation I was using Backitude. It worked fine on my wife's Galaxy S5 but wouldn't report location for anything (tracking or fence) reliably on my Galaxy S7. I changed to Egigeozone on my S7 and after fixing an initial setup error for tracking it has been working flawlessly ever since. My wife got a fitness watch that displays her phone notifications recently and Backitude sends a lot of them which annoys her. I am sure I could turn them off but we are going to switch her to Egigeozone this weekend for sake of consistency and not dealing with two different apps. I hate to pass on unproven rumors but I also read somewhere on this forum that continuing support and development for Backitude was in question.

I could never figure out why it worked well on the older S5 and not worth a flip on the newer S7. Could be the lack of development and staying up with newer versions of android. What I do know is Egigeozone works great on the S7 and I will find out how well with the older S5 after this weekend.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Comment

I use EgiGeoZoneBT I use the location tracking but is also has beacon. There is no battery drain and the developer helped me with a couple of issues. He even added a feature I wanted.

I did not see the need to track my phones once they were in a known location / Geofence, so he created a parameter that turns off the tracking when you enter a geofence and then it turns on again when you leave the fence. So if I am working from home all day, it is not tracking me within the house. I also use it because if I leave the house to see a client, it tracks the time and I can get the mileage and have a print out for billing.

When I am gone for over 5 minutes from home or it tracks me more than 5 miles from home base and I forgot to turn the alarm on, I have an event that sets it. If I arrived after dark and the lights are not already on, it turns them on.

I'm sure I could do even more, I just need to find the time to dig into it and PHLocation more.

Michael
          HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
            I use EgiGeoZoneBT I use the location tracking but is also has beacon. There is no battery drain...
            I've been using EgiGeoZone for ever. I gave the BT version a try but that was draining my battery more; I wasn't using beacons, so it didn't make sense and I went back to the regular version which is less aggressive on the battery (as per the author himself).

But to say there is no drain is not accurate in my opinion. I challenge anyone to measure battery levels on an otherwise inactive phone for 24 hours, enabling and disabling EgiGeoZone. There has to be a price: ask Egmont.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
              the developer helped me with a couple of issues. He even added a feature I wanted.
              Did you do this through his forum?
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                I've been using EgiGeoZone for ever. I gave the BT version a try but that was draining my battery more; I wasn't using beacons, so it didn't make sense and I went back to the regular version which is less aggressive on the battery (as per the author himself).

But to say there is no drain is not accurate in my opinion. I challenge anyone to measure battery levels on an otherwise inactive phone for 24 hours, enabling and disabling EgiGeoZone. There has to be a price: ask Egmont.

Just setup EgiGeoZone......

any good tricks to at least get the most out of battery life? It's not killing me, near as i can tell, ... but definitely dropping quicker.

I have it setup for both fences and tracking, although i'm not doing anything with the tracking right now... may disable is that helps.

Comment

I tried EgiGeoZone but everything is in meters/km and I can't seem to find a way to switch this to feet/miles. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this with this app?

Comment

Ok so I was using egiozone for a while and did run into a couple of instances where it would throw errors.

Since then I've found that there's a plugin in development which uses life360. And whilst not always immediately updated on their server side I have found it to be very reliable and not quite as much battery drain as egiozone.
                    Plus the UI of the life360 app itself is nice and easy to use and gets the WAF.

Comment

And it's supported by PHLocation?

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                        And it's supported by PHLocation?
                        Ah sorry was on mobile Tapatalk app and didn't see what subforum this was in. Doh.
                        Doesn't look like it's supported by phlocation unfortunately. But meets my needs for now.
                        But since integration to homeseer with life360 is already under way I don't imagine it's be too much work to get integrated with phlocation? (From a non coders perspective... So could be completely wrong)

Sorry again for slightly irrelevant post...thought it was on a different sub forum.

Comment

Working...
                        X