Scripting Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting Help

I found some old threads I think might be useful. The bladeplugins website has links that don't work for me. So I can't find if there is any DLdenon documentation out there.

The part of the bladeplugins site that does work are the messages but they aren't any newer than 2011. So I'm thinking that site is not used.

Blade if you don't use it, you should probably remove references to it in the "Sticky" posts.

So I finally broke down and decided to ask for help in the forum.

The source controls don't all work for my receiver. There are several commands I would like to use that aren't available at all. Scripting and hs.Plugin("BLDenon").SendRawCommand command seem to be the answer for any problem I have.

I have found the command list from Denon so everything I could possibly want to do seems possible.

There seems to be some scripting tutorial out there for that is BLDenon specific but I can't find it.

I am new to scripting in homeseer so maybe the answer will just come to me when I start playing with that. Maybe all the devices created by the plugin really don't matter to me and I will just need to script what I want to do.

What I want to do is create a device where setting the value sends that command as SendRawCommand. I could be wrong since I think what I am seeing predates BLDenon and HS3. Not sure how it will work since I have 3 denon receivers registered. But I was thinking the tutorial, if one exists might go into that.

I am looking at the HS3 developer SDK just to see if I could just create a device. I think that a virtual device and an event that executes a script is probably much easier.

But first I need some help on how script to BLDenon.

I am thinking the example is in such an obvious place I missed it. It might be a good idea to add an example to the "description" sticky thread in this forum.

hs.Plugin("BLDenon").SendRawCommand

If I have multiple receivers, how do I script to them?

My previous post had way too much back story. So I figured someone might answer it, if I make it much more compact.

Comment

I am trying this plugin out and have the same problems you describe for a newer receiver. The help document has three scripting examples near the end. You can find the "Help" link for the local file at the top of the BLDenon plugin page.

Can you point me to the Command List for Denon models?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanoly View Post
        hs.Plugin("BLDenon").SendRawCommand

If I have multiple receivers, how do I script to them?

My previous post had way too much back story. So I figured someone might answer it, if I make it much more compact.
        Code:
        hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){receiverNumber, command})

eg:

hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){1, "SICD"})
        receiverNumber is an integer
        command is a string
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Blade I got this running.

I also happen to have a Harmony Hub where the Denon sits so I also got it running with IR as well.

Right now I'm just using BLdenon to set volume since I can set an actual number. Not sure if I will go back through and change my events to use BLdenon instead of Harmony.

I probably won't since I'm having a hard time figuring out what BLdenon can do for me that I can't do with IR control (other than set exact volume, which I'm already using). The is right next to the Denon so IR reliability is very high.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post

Code:
            hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){receiverNumber, command})

eg:

hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){1, "SICD"})
            receiverNumber is an integer
            command is a string
            I am having trouble with scripts here. I can copy and past the above as an immediate script command and get an error:

Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){3, "SICD"}), init error: Expected ')'

This is running on HS3Pro on a Windows 10 computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Elliott
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Try this:

Code:
              &nhs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){3, "SICD"})
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                Try this:

Code:
                &nhs.PluginFunction("BLDenon, "", "SendRawCommand", New Object(){3, "SICD"})
                Thanks. Tried and got a bunch of new errors:
                Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K1.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
                Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Temp\K1.vb: Comma, ')', or a valid expression continuation expected.
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                X