Z-Net not connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net not connecting

Things weren't working this morning so I checked the log and saw the following error and warning messages

Error
    Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.0.7: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Warning
    Cannot connect to Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.0.7 port: 2001, Ex=A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.7:2001

Any help would be appreciated.

(1) What if any indicators are visible on the Z-Net unit? There should be a LED on the exterior as well as some on the inside of the case.
    (2) Search on https://find.homeseer.com/. Is the Z-Net found? If so, does the IP address displayed match the 192.168.0.7 from the log?
    (3) If the Z-Net is displayed, click on the link. Does the Z-Net config page appear? Is the wired/wireless interface in use set up for DHCP or static?

Comment

The error cleared after about an hour.

The indicators were red at the time. I wasn't able to do your other suggestions since the error had cleared. I have noted them in case it happens again.

This was the 2nd time it happened today, but has been clean since.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X