New Robot Vac out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Robot Vac out...

Looks like someone has beaten Electrolux to the punch - check out this Time article (with video):
    Maid to Order
    or Roomba's Web site
    Roomba

jjm

we'll need to add a wireless link to schedule vacuuming as a HS event!

Comment

... I think they are going to have to make it more automatic to make it REALLY useful. If I have to go get it, set it in the middle of the room, select a room size, turn it on, move it to the next room, etc., it's just a slight improvement over a regular vac .... and NO improvement over a maid!

I would buy one in a heartbeat if it would automatically start when scheduled (ie, when nobody is home) (or, even better, when told to by HS!) vacuum until the battery needs charging, dock itself for a recharge and then resume vacuuming (remembering where it's been and where it hasn't) and repeat that cycle until the whole house (or at least one level) has been vacuumed. It's probably just a matter of time until there is one that will do this.

Comment

the dog gets hold of it.

Comment

... a "fearless" Beagle, wouldn't go near it. But you would be able to hear her barking at it a block away!

Comment

For $200 I want one, will be the cheapest toy I have, now do they ship to the UK off to find out! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X