Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any AC powered leak detector or long lasting battery ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any AC powered leak detector or long lasting battery ones?

Planning to put a leak sensor in the attic where our steam generator is going to be installed. All the ones I see uses battery. There's no define listing on the sensors stating how long a battery should last. I'd hate to have to crawl up the attic to replace the battery every few months.

Here I have a leak detector wired into my furnace that is setup to stop the AC in the event water is detected. I wired a relay in and setup the second circuit to close in the event that the primary water sensor opens the circuit. I tied a Zwave dry contact sensor to the secondary relay. Works like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
      Planning to put a leak sensor in the attic where our steam generator is going to be installed. All the ones I see uses battery. There's no define listing on the sensors stating how long a battery should last. I'd hate to have to crawl up the attic to replace the battery every few months.
      Maybe something like this using an external sensor? This device touts an 'ac adapter' that is included.
      --------------------------------------------------
      **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Fibaro flood detector supports optional AC power adapter. In that case battery serves as backup only when power is cut short, and lasts for years.

https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/flood-sensor/

Comment

Danny, I originally bought these from HS and then from Lowes https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-W...Sensor/4740940. I have a dozen over 10 years and have them in difficult places like attic, behind washing machine and in crawlspace. I convert them to AC power with a tiny DC-DC variable circuit board that I install in the battery bay and then connect any old spare AC-DC power supply to it - as long as it's more than 6VDC output it will convert down to the required 4.5VDC battery replacement level. I do the same with ST814s.
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Fibaro Sensor

I have a few of these in my underfloor space. They do not have to detect a flood directly but with a wire extension can detect a flood remotely. My wired sensor extension is on a wooden pole and the sensor wire is placed about 3 cm (1 Inch) above what I consider a reasonable level of water. Our water table is quite low.

The sensor which is remote senses the water level when the water reaches the two wires. I have a 12 VDC supply powering the sensor and sump pump. Saves lifting the carpets.

Hope that helps.
            Jo

Comment

Sorry guys... not sure why my thread reply alert went to junk....

The fibaro looks like it might do the trick. It's on sale now for $35 on amazon. Worth a shot.

Comment

Working...
              X