Is static causing this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is static causing this ?

At night when I'm off to bed a go over and start to touch one of my KeypadLinc buttons. The last few nights I have touched one of the face plate screws by accident and the over head light goes off and then comes back on. Have any of you guys ever experienced this?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,
    are you wearing the bunny slippers?
    Stuart

Comment

No bunny slippers (yet). Christmas is still to come though.

Comment

Rupp,
        Sorry I couldnt resist.(slippers)
        Static is my biggest fear with all the electronics in the house. (dating myself) We use to have a dec 11/34 computer at work years ago. I could walk into the room and touch the metal case that held the disk drive, one spark and the system would reboot.
        Stuart

Comment

Good possibility. Is the room carpeted? if so odds go up it is static elec. Do you run low humidity in the house? if so odds go up again.

Comment

Barry it is carpeted and with the cooler weather lately the humidity is in the 40% range.

Comment

I recently walked across a carpeted floor and pushed the eject button on the dvd player and received a nasty shock. The Eject button no longer worked on the dvd player, all other buttons worked though. And of course the remote did not have an eject option. So I had to buy a new DVD player.......

Anyway, I mention this because the entire media center was plugged into a z-wave appliance module. Zapping the DVD player cause the Z-wave module to turn off, and it would not turn back on until I finally unplugged it for a while. I am still not convinced it is working 100%. And this was in an area in my house where the humidity is constantly kept at 45%.

Go figure.......

StevenE
              Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Working...
              X