This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing but static

ok, i received my first phone message since upgrading to 2.2.03, nothing but loud static, HSP was working reliably prior to the upgrade

I'll put in a ticket

Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

also i just noticed there was no caller ID info on the messages page nor in the caller ID log which i have set to show both incoming and outgoing calls. The caller ID log does show the system calling my cell when the gate closed.

Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
      ok, i received my first phone message since upgrading to 2.2.03, nothing but loud static, HSP was working reliably prior to the upgrade

I'll put in a ticket

Jack
      I've been struggling with a loud static for a long time. Seems 2.2 made it worse for me. Do you get buffer overrun in the log when this happens. I just recieved a new modem today which I will install to determine if it is maybe a hardware issue. The noise I get is like having the tv tuned to an empty channel and turning the volume way up.
      John

Comment

Prior to this upgrade, HSP w/PCI modem has been remarkably accurate with excellent audio on the messages. Now today, caller ID announcement has been working and call logging both in and outgoing calls have been logging. However the static remains, yes loud static as you describe
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?

Comment

After upgrade to 2.2.03 my voicemail messages are nothing but static. It just started two days ago. Voicemail messages worked fine and there have been no changes to my system. I did a repair on .net and built a new phone ini file and still having static for a voicemail message.

Glyn

Comment

Did either of you guys put in a help request on this?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

you bet your life!

ticket 12337
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?

Comment

Thanks Jack. I assigned it to Rich but it will be a few days before he gets to it.

Comment

No problem Rupp. I am still having other issues as well

Jack
                  Over The Hill
                  What Hill?
                  Where?
                  When?

Comment

Maybe this will help. Using windows explorer , go to the HS 2 file folder. Look in the messages folder. If there are any wave files in there delete them. When I upgraded I had all kinds of problems with HSP not announcing caller ID and the noise. I rolled back to 2.2.0.0 and things worked better except there was static when listening to messages. I went to the message folder and found one file sitting there it did not show up as a message on HS phone log so I deleted any messages that were in there. Been working ok again on 2.2.0.0 since then. Just something I spotted. Hope that might help.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                      Maybe this will help. Using windows explorer , go to the HS 2 file folder. Look in the messages folder. If there are any wave files in there delete them. When I upgraded I had all kinds of problems with HSP not announcing caller ID and the noise. I rolled back to 2.2.0.0 and things worked better except there was static when listening to messages. I went to the message folder and found one file sitting there it did not show up as a message on HS phone log so I deleted any messages that were in there. Been working ok again on 2.2.0.0 since then. Just something I spotted. Hope that might help.

Dave
                      Thought that was going to work for me. I did the above and rebooted. The first couple of phone calls were perfect. But then a day later the static starts creeping back in. I see my Homeseer memory was around 40 at the time it was working well. It is now up to 116. Is that normal??
                      John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                        I've been struggling with a loud static for a long time. Seems 2.2 made it worse for me. Do you get buffer overrun in the log when this happens. I just recieved a new modem today which I will install to determine if it is maybe a hardware issue. The noise I get is like having the tv tuned to an empty channel and turning the volume way up.
                        I'm experiencing the same problem on 2.2.0.3 and yes, I've seen buffer overruns. Any response from the helpdesk tickets?

Comment

I'm not running this build but last time there was static problems was because the recording frequency was changed from 16bit to 8bit.

It's not this again is it Rich (if your watching)?

See:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=11

Comment

Originally posted by garfan View Post
                            I'm experiencing the same problem on 2.2.0.3 and yes, I've seen buffer overruns. Any response from the helpdesk tickets?
                            This was fixed in the 2.2.0.7 build Rich posted in this thread:
                            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119909

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              This was fixed in the 2.2.0.7 build Rich posted in this thread:
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=119909
                              I hate to make any changes now. It's like the damn thing is healing itself, its working better and better as far as the answering machine goes. And I'm sitting with a new in the box modem. Oh well. I'll make the changes this weekend.

Anyone have problems with specific messages for certain numbers? Mine tends to take the previous callers message prompt and play it for the current caller. This can be embarrassing if a message meant for a telemarketer gets played to the wrong person. The log shows the correct speech but thats not what is really being played to the caller.
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X