Reliability DS7000 Security system + X10-HA vs X10-Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reliability DS7000 Security system + X10-HA vs X10-Security

It took me a while to learn that X-10 HA is pretty much different than X-10 Security.

This is what if understood so far (pls correct me if I am wrong): i.e. you can't (easily) trip a Powerhorn with a standard HA remote control. The Motion Sensors are not compatible (ms-10/12), the key-chain Remote control of the Security side of X10 is sending encrypted signal and the ones of the HA side of the house don't, the Magnetic Window Contact doesn't easily get incorporated into a normal x-10 situation, etc.

Question 1: Is the only practical difference the one of encryption, and/or is there a higher level of "double-checking" in the Security side, to avoid false alarms?

Q2: How can I make best use of a combination of the DS7000 x-10 Alarm and the x-10 HA and an Ocelot for complex macro-decision making?
    I.e. when a Window trips that first the Ocelot will notice this, that he starts running a verification protocol (glass breaker, motion detector, etc), and then decides based upon programmed criteria to either turn on the lights as a warning to not go further, then tell the DS7000 to either dial out quietly or get the 3 powerhorns to blow out the thief's ears....

The thing where I am going is I guess: will an Ocelot + normal HA combination be enough for this or will the DS7000 add me more comprehensive options or maybe it will deprive me even from the flexibility to handle things through the Ocelot?

I like especially the dialler part of the DS7000, and am currently in discussion with a company that makes a dialler-device that allows the Alarm to dial via a Mobile Phone in stead of via a land-line... for Rural environments and cutting-the-wires situations.

thanks for any observations
Working...
X