No announcement yet.

Free Alternative HS3 Omnistat Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kirby, thanks so very much for both the update to the logging and the idea for the Value to Status mapping.

I do have a question though, in HSTouch, when a reference is made to the Thermostat, everything uses the Omnistat Values right? For Example, when I chose to use the temperature on the GUI, the value displayed is from 0 to 255 rather than the actual temperature, is that correct?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Your welcome, Jean-Marie. The new version is now in the updater.

I do have a question though, in HSTouch, when a reference is made to the Thermostat, everything uses the Omnistat Values right? For Example, when I chose to use the temperature on the GUI, the value displayed is from 0 to 255 rather than the actual temperature, is that correct?
      Unfortunately you are correct. There is a bug in the thermostat API. Even though "Use Status Text" is selected, it still displays the status value. I never use the Thermostat API. For me, it is easier to map to the devices.

You can still use the thermostat graphics but you need to change the "Normal Association Type" to HomeSeer Devices.

Comment

First, thanks for the really great plugin! It is greatly appreciated.

I'm struggling with the device values being returned in internal units and I'm not sure what to do. I use incontrol and it looks at the device value rather than the text. As a result, the user interface displays something like 126 degrees instead of the real temp. Controls also don't work.

Is there a way to create a different device that perhaps represents the temperature in degrees? Is the plugin properly complying with the thermostat API? It seems to me that the exposed devices should work in degrees and the plugin should do the conversion to "Thermostat Units" internally.

As a reference, it appears that the stock HS Omnistat plugin uses degrees directly in the temperature values. Unfortunately, it is pretty crippled in its functionality.

Thanks

Comment

Acromion,
          There is now a support forum for this plugin. As a way to encourage the use of the new forum, I have responded to your post on the forum.

Please go to the forum at: 3rd Party Plugins/Kirby Howell Plug-ins/Omnistat 3

Thanks,

Kirby

Comment

I cannot get this plug-in to enroll my Omnistat RC-90. I have set the T-stat to 300 baud and verified its address. I have successfully verified electrical connectivity with RS232 loopback tests all the way to the T-stat terminals from my USB to RS232 converter. I have added handshaking jumpers to the DB9 connector even though the RC-90 uses a 3-wire connection after trying without these jumpers. This appears to be a software issue. What am I missing?
            Current Date/Time: 12/18/2017 12:48:46
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
            Linux version: Linux homecontroller 4.9.59-v7+ #1047 SMP Sun Oct 29 12:19:23 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 5 Days 15 Hours 0 Minutes 36 Seconds

Enabled Plug-Ins
            3.3.0.0: Omnistat 3
            3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Comment

Please place support requests in the Omnistat 3 forum. It is found in the thermostat section under Omnistat 3 plug-in (3P).

Confirm that your comm port is properly set in the manage plugins tab.

On the configuration page, check all the logging boxes and post the log to the message board.

Comment

Working...
              X