Vista Alarm with Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20P - pure success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Alarm with Honeywell/Ademco Vista 20P - pure success

Having alarm panel integration with my HS3 was system integration job #1. This at a minimum provides you with all of your alarm sensors (motion, door, smoke, glass break, etc) as input sensors into your HS3.

What you will need:
    A fully working compatible alarm system.
    Physical access to your alarm panel.
    Installer code - 4 digits, NOT your master code.
    Knowledge of Vista programming.. <installer code> 800 stuff.
    Knowledge of panel wiring .. power / data.
    a AD2USB interface
    a free USB port on your HS3 controller.

Alarm system config:
    The AD2USB connect to your panel exactly like a Alpha Keypad. It is pre configured as address 18 (convenient as I already had a keypad at 16 and one at 17). Consult your alarm manuals for determining if address is free and how to program 18 as a keypad. All I did was check the address with <install code> 800 #191. Then programmed as a keypad for partition 1 <install code> 800 *191 + 1 + 0 - partition 1 + no sound suppress.

My system is a single partition as so I have not explored the impact of multiple on the AD2USB or the plug-in. Here is how to use one keypad at runtime on another partition https://www.alarmgrid.com/faq/how-do...ywell-vista-al

Hardware Installation:
    The AD2USB installs just as if it were a keypad. power and data, 4 wires. BUT
    the DI and DO on the AD2USB are connected to the Data In and Data Out on the panel. NOT - in <-out and out -> in as logic alone might suggest to you.
    so yellow - green - red - black.

Linux systems: Before you Plug in the USB cable into the AD2USB and your HS3, have a look at what USB dev/ports exist, then plug it in. Then check for the new one. Use in next steps.

Windows: beats me.

Plug - In configuration:
    Settings: Model: Vista 20P; Security Code : <User Code not Installer>; Interface Address : 18; Emulate LRR [ unchecked ];
    Partitions: Partition 1: Device Address 16 (The main keypad for Zone 1); other Zones disabled.
    Add Zone: For each actual zone on your alarm system, create a matching item here. Name need not match exact: i.e. My zone 1 is "2nd FLOOR SMOKE" my HS3 Zone 1 is "2nd Floor Gallery Smoke". Although I have some RF units, I did not provide the RF address or loop# in the "ADD RF" section and all behave as if wired from an event perspective. Will experiment with the functionality in the future.

In Plug-In Management set the port to the USB port used.
    Stop and restart.

HS3 Devices. The plug In should have made a full set of devices and sensors.

Usage in system:
    You should be able to trip a motion sensor and have it occur on your HS3 immediately.

For added functionality, you can create a "virtual zone" from your HS3, perhaps you have a z-wave smoke detector, and then configure the new zone in your alarm to trip and call the FD.

For ease of logic I have all my Vista zones in ONE floor/room "VISTA, ZONES" but created mirror items in each room. I then use Easy Trigger to set all properties of the mirror to the zone item on any change. You could do that with 6 or so events per item without Easy Trigger, but can do with one event with. I use a full description in the Zones items, but a room specific description for the mirror. See photo.

Enjoy!

Daniel

Current Date/Time: 9/6/2016 8:06:22 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.293
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 4 Days 1 Hour 23 Minutes 17 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 108
    Number of Events: 44
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.2.0: AquaConnect
    3.0.0.27: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
    1.0.16239.295: MyQ
    3.0.0.27: Vista Alarm
    3.0.1.92: Z-Wave
    Attached Files
Working...