No announcement yet.

Potential Refugee from Vera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW Merry Christmas to you and your family Colin!

26 days and counting .......

Wayne's World blowing chunks..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ue0UpQBmA5s
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

LOL Thanks guys. My wife was surprisingly okay with this. Or apathetic, which after 10+ years together, is the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Coming from Vera? You will never regret this decision.

I'm asking Santa for a hydraulic press so I can send my Vera's to Hell.
        Thanks for the laugh. If Santa comes through you should share a video of this. If not I at least have the image in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTheGreat View Post
          Thank you for replying to me. It sounds like HS will be a little more up my alley.

My main concern was whether I should just buy Homeseer or Homeseer Pro. I do have experience with Imperihome and do it use. It's a solid product. But HS Touch is the reason I started looking into HS in the first place.

And if HS Pro has Touch included, that kinda answers that question. I think I like the idea of putting it on my own Windows box, since I won't have any (as many) compatibility issues with plugins and such.
          Well I'm new and I made the mistake of upgrading my SEL controller to pro during the holiday sale. I thought it included all the plugins that you see when in the HS console. Costly mistake. Didn't realize that HS basically has no plugins. I guess they created 5 or 6 that seem useless just so they could put it in the description. My fault for not understanding the plugin model better but still misleading to me.

Comment

Originally posted by str1der View Post
            Well I'm new and I made the mistake of upgrading my SEL controller to pro during the holiday sale. I thought it included all the plugins that you see when in the HS console. Costly mistake. Didn't realize that HS basically has no plugins. I guess they created 5 or 6 that seem useless just so they could put it in the description. My fault for not understanding the plugin model better but still misleading to me.
            Call them tomorrow and you can request a refund.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Yeah, once I understood the HS Plugins it made my decision easier.

Just a quick update for the room--Finally got HS3 installed on the NUC and upgraded the RAM and added storage. Only have maybe 3 or 4 devices on it now, but have started to get the hang of the software.

Need to start the migration away from Vera. You'd have thought i'd have had time in the 2 weeks over Christmas, but apparently not

Comment

I hate it that you blew money on the Pro and it wasn't what you expected. Thanks for posting your findings. I had the WAF pretty high because I convinced her that ALL the plug ins were free if I bought the Pro version.
                I have that 10+ years of marriage going as well as OP, but she would not have been apathetic or sympathetic. You just saved me a bunch!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X