This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
    i wonder if this is related to their bankrupcy last fall? Maybe it's true.....or at least they've changed their product positioning.
    Yes, I believe there are a lot of changes going on. The X10 website is very different than it was 4-6 months ago. Many products are no longer listed and it is very difficult to navigate to the product pages. But they continue to bombard me with daily emails!!! I hate that. Today's email once again lists the 6 for 1 deal for the the DS12a. But when you click on the link it dtakes you to a "daily specials" page which does not contain the same deals as the email.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

it appears that they are selling the old DS10A with their security systems now instead of the DS12A. That's odd, but may indicate a supply problem with the new one.....

Comment

There are many entries for both DS10s and DS12s on eBay. The last time I placed an order for DS10s (from an eBay vendor) I actually received DS12s instead.

A supply problem is a very reasonable conjecture, especially if they are being sourced from new suppliers after the dedicated factory closed.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Where did you order them from? Please post a link.

Steve Q
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I was just browsing to find posts related to DS12As... I bought some on ebay today right here :

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181157102931?...84.m1497.l2649

28 bucks for three... That's really cheap.

Comment

The price for the 3 DS12A units has jumped to $50.97 on the eBay web site. You can get 4 of these right now for $50.99 from the http://x10pro-usa.com/ web site.

Comment

DS12A Mounting Solution

I just started playing with DS12A door/window sensors. Installed the first one on an entry door and it works great. So I installed one on a sliding door and was getting very sporadic response. I finally solved the problem. When the sensor unit is installed on the top door frame and the magnet unit is installed on the door, the front of the magnet unit sits back about 1/2 inch from the front of the sensor. So I looked everywhere for a spacer. I found a Logo block about the size of the magnet unit and used that to bring the magnet forward to align it with front of the sensor. Now it works 100%. The Lego spacer even looks kind of high tech, turn it sideways with the "bumps" pointing down.

Phil

Comment

I still use those little DS12A. I love that they can monitor two points. On patio sliding doors they can report doors open/closed as well Locked/Unlocked.
                  For garage doors, one unit can positively ID fully closed or fully open.
                  Funny that mine do not change codes when replacing batteries. Maybe they have a time-out?
                  Batteries last over a year here, so I am very happy with them. Bought a lot of 30 used from a contractor on eBay, only 2 bad. Very inexpensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
                    I still use those little DS12A. I love that they can monitor two points. On patio sliding doors they can report doors open/closed as well Locked/Unlocked.
                    For garage doors, one unit can positively ID fully closed or fully open.
                    Funny that mine do not change codes when replacing batteries. Maybe they have a time-out?
                    Batteries last over a year here, so I am very happy with them. Bought a lot of 30 used from a contractor on eBay, only 2 bad. Very inexpensive.

Are you using HS2 or HS3? If HS3, what plugin do you use?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X