No announcement yet.

Thermostat - Tried everything I could find in the boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cannot control individual set points, Amazon did not add commands for that. You can set the set point, or raise, or lower. Those commands work as I described. If they are not setting the proper set point, we need to look into this deeper.

Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    ok. sorry I might not be following here. Both of your sentences make sense separately. But together they seem to contradict each other.

The first sentence says if it is in auto, it figures out which one to set. It is NOT
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      You cannot control individual set points, Amazon did not add commands for that. You can set the set point, or raise, or lower. Those commands work as I described. If they are not setting the proper set point, we need to look into this deeper.
      My apologies if I'm not fully understanding. It is not setting the proper set point. Nor I am able to simply raise or lower them.

(another issue at the moment though is my Alexa Homeseer skill is not able to see any devices. I've posted that on another thread, and tech support is involved as well. no solution yet)

Comment

Make sure you are on HS3 ver 3.0.0.318 or later, otherwise discovery will not work.

My apologies if I'm not fully understanding. It is not setting the proper set point. Nor I am able to simply raise or lower them.

(another issue at the moment though is my Alexa Homeseer skill is not able to see any devices. I've posted that on another thread, and tech support is involved as well. no solution yet)

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Make sure you are on HS3 ver 3.0.0.318 or later, otherwise discovery will not work.
          You're my hero... for today!!

Now back to the Thermostats. If I have not idea what it is set on, but know I want it two degrees cooler, can I say a phrase to make that happen?

Comment

alexa, lower the thermostat by 2 degrees

Replace "thermostat" with the name of your thermostat, root device.

You're my hero... for today!!

Now back to the Thermostats. If I have not idea what it is set on, but know I want it two degrees cooler, can I say a phrase to make that happen?

Comment

Working...
            X