No announcement yet.

Pushover (3P) Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is something I don't have any control over really, I have no idea what is in the iOS/android programming code on the Pushover application. I can say it works on my iPhone and android tablet and when I receive notifications the devices do wake up or at least wake up from the home screen and then go back to sleep again. If you are having problems then you can contact Pushover support here https://pushover.net/support who should be able to help.

Comment

Hmmm, Pushover 2.2.1 for Android changelog:

"Add support for priority -2 messages, which generate no notifications at all (useful for Tasker)"

Guess I could use that and let Tasker do my custom sounds

Comment

Guess you'll have to change some things in your plugin :P

http://updates.pushover.net/post/870...new-priority-2

Comment

Using priority low (-1) right now so Tasker is doing the custom sounds and Pushover is showing me a message, that'll do

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I guess I missed that, I have updated the plugin and posted a new version (0.0.0.7) to the top of the thread. It seems to work on my setup and not interfere with any existing events.

Comment

Thanks!

Maybe it's more handy to start label them with -2 Lowest, -1 Low, 0 Normal, etc names ? (see attachment for current sorting).

And I cannot get "Send Message On HS Startup" to work, every time I select that option and click "Update Information", the checkbox is unticked.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tCC View Post
                Thanks!

Maybe it's more handy to start label them with -2 Lowest, -1 Low, 0 Normal, etc names ? (see attachment for current sorting).

And I cannot get "Send Message On HS Startup" to work, every time I select that option and click "Update Information", the checkbox is unticked.
                The reason I did not mess with the sorting is that I am a bit worried existing events may end up getting errors in them if I messed with it, I am not sure whether they will or won't but I have changed it if you want to try it here. I have also removed the option to send a message on startup, if you want to send a message it can be done via the startup.vb/startup.txt file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/anzpz83zb8...I_PUSHOVER.dll

Comment

Replaced the .dll and my existing events still work, sorting is indeed a lot better this way

Thanks for the quick support!

Comment

Thanks

Just wanted to say thanks for the plugin.

I'm already using Eventghost, Autoremote and Tasker for more involved stuff but this works like a charm for quick notifications. I'm not planning on switching to HS3 yet so this was nice to find.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                      Just wanted to say thanks for the plugin.

I'm already using Eventghost, Autoremote and Tasker for more involved stuff but this works like a charm for quick notifications. I'm not planning on switching to HS3 yet so this was nice to find.
                      Thanks for the feedback, I still use HS2 so have a use for this plugin and will continue to support it for HS2. The HS3 version was a test to see if I could write plugins for HS3 and probably took four times as long to write!

Comment

I'd like to use the plugin in a HS2 vb script. Can you recommend how to do this?

Thanks

Rob
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          I'd like to use the plugin in a HS2 vb script. Can you recommend how to do this?

Thanks

Rob
                          I briefly touched on this in the first post
                          Public Sub PushMessage(ByVal Message As String, Optional ByVal Title As String = Nothing, Optional ByVal Priority As Integer = 0, Optional ByVal Sound As Integer = -1, Optional ByVal sURL As String = Nothing, Optional ByVal sURLTitle As String = Nothing, Optional ByVal sTimeStamp As String = Nothing, Optional ByVal DeviceName As String = Nothing)

Which in short means a call of;

hs.plugin("Pushover (3P)").PushMessage("Test Message") will send a simple message with no title, no priority, no sound, no additional URL but if you fill in the additional parameters then you can specify those if you do want.
                          AFAIK the syntax is still correct but if you have difficulty let me know and I can help, as you can see there are quite a few optional parameters so just beware of these.

Comment

Thanks... I seemed to have figure most of it out. Can you provide an example with the timestamp? Not sure of the syntax here...
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                              Thanks... I seemed to have figure most of it out. Can you provide an example with the timestamp? Not sure of the syntax here...
                              The timestamp is used if you want to send a message in relation to a specific time that may be different to the time you are sending a message, if you send nothing then the message will appear as if it has been sent now which is what I imagine the majority of people will use.

The code is this;

Code:
                                 If sTimeStamp IsNot Nothing Then
                                                  Call WriteMessage("sTimeStamp Value Specified", MSG_DEBUG)
                                                  If DateTime.TryParse(sTimeStamp, tmeConvert) = True Then
                                                      unixTime = TimeToUnix(tmeConvert)
                                                      colValues.Add("timestamp", unixTime)
                                                  Else
                                                      Call WriteMessage("Unable To Parse Date/Time in TimeStamp", MSG_ERROR)
                                                  End If
                                              Else
                                                  Call WriteMessage("No sTimeStamp Value Sent", MSG_DEBUG)
                                              End If
                              Which means that you need to send a string that is likely to be converted into a date/time and not fail (as of the tryparse check). Sending "mm/dd/yyyy HH:mm" as a string should work but as I say this is optional and only used if you want to specify a date/time on a message rather than just leave it down to Pushover.

Comment

Perfect... thanks for all your help - again!

Comment

Working...
                                X