Secure Include for Motion associated with Secure and NonSecure Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secure Include for Motion associated with Secure and NonSecure Switches

I've installed a number of devices which support Secure Include (in addition to my locks). Seems logical to have motion sensors as Secure devices.

I experienced some interesting results which I hope someone here can either point me to a tutorial or enlighten me on how the following combinations should work:

Secure Motion ==associated==> Secure switch Works fine
    Secure Motion ==associated==> NonSecure Switch Some work, others no
    NonSecure Motion ==associated==> Non secure switch Works fine
    NonSecure motion ==> associated==> Secure switch Doesn't work (which makes sense, since a secure switch "should" reject non-secure)

The secure motion to non secure switch seems that it should always work since the device is non secure and therefore should not care as long as the motion is part of the same zwave network.

At the moment, I wrote a few events to see the secure motions and take device actions accordingly. For many cases, all I want is the motion to turn on a light however there are other cases where it will cause environmentals to change without the need to interact with Homeseer.

HS3 Professional on windows platform
    Z-Net Ver 2 with firmware version 1.0.22
    ZWave plugin 3.0.1.87 (tried 3.0.1.110 Beta but I am having a hard time including secure devices with perhaps a 1 out of 5 success rate and devices physically touching the ZNet!!!)
Working...
X