NodeMCu on wifi, can ping, but not connect within plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NodeMCu on wifi, can ping, but not connect within plugin

I am not sure if the nodeMCU is actually supported. Ive read it is supported in the beta .140 (but the HS3 updater is not showing me the beta)

I have edited the .ino and added my ssid and wpa, I can ping the NodeMCu from the hs3 server, but I cannot connect from the HS3 plugin.

Is there somewhere in the .ino sketch that I have to change which interface it listens on? I guess for a arduino it listens on the ethernet nic, not the wifi?

The Beta can be downloaded Here while I am waiting for the HSTeam to fix the updater.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Thanks!

updated to latest beta, downloaded new sketch for correct type of board, but still wont work.
      Now it wont answer on ping at all.

Serial monitor says this;

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode1,7)

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode1,7)

wdt reset

Comment

FWIW, I've found that when I make significant changes to the Arduino plugin, it is best to stop the plugin, restart HS3, and then restart the plugin. I'm not saying you have to do this but this has become my stand operating procedure.

Comment

FYI The beta is back in the updater.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Can you send me a debug log and the sketch you are using to see what the problem is in V142 for you.

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

Works like it should today

Im new to the NodeMcu, but would It be possible to address the onboard LED as a Alive LED?

Comment

Sorry about the stupid question, not sure if I read it right but seems like you could update the apiboard without connecting to the USB and pc, is this correct?

PS I would love to have the led on the board flashing as well to show it is alive, that would be a great feature.
                Thanks,
                Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                  Sorry about the stupid question, not sure if I read it right but seems like you could update the apiboard without connecting to the USB and pc, is this correct?

PS I would love to have the led on the board flashing as well to show it is alive, that would be a great feature.
                  Thanks,
                  Aldo

I think what you are referring to in regards to the updates is called OTA (Over The Air) updates. The current Arduino plugin doesn't support it as far as I know. I have several Arduinos deployed around my property and having to retrieve them and bring them to my PC for updates is a bit of a pain. OTA updates would be nice.

I've bookmarked the site below since it explains it and also has some code that might serve as a good starting point at some point in the future.

http://esp8266.github.io/Arduino/ver...a_updates.html

Comment

Thanks,
                    Aldo

If you go into your IDE and look at File/Examples, you will see a section of ESP8266 examples. There is a blink example. It blinks the blue LED_BUILTIN pin.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                      I think what you are referring to in regards to the updates is called OTA (Over The Air) updates. The current Arduino plugin doesn't support it as far as I know. I have several Arduinos deployed around my property and having to retrieve them and bring them to my PC for updates is a bit of a pain. OTA updates would be nice.

I've bookmarked the site below since it explains it and also has some code that might serve as a good starting point at some point in the future.

http://esp8266.github.io/Arduino/ver...a_updates.html
                      Thank you, very nice explanation, I'm sure it is already on Greig list to do, he is doing a fantastic job with the plugin.
                      Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                        If you go into your IDE and look at File/Examples, you will see a section of ESP8266 examples. There is a blink example. It blinks the blue LED_BUILTIN pin.
                        Thanks
                        Ill see if I can adjust the sketch to use that pin instead, but it says that LED_Builtin, uses the same pin as the TX for Serial communication, so those two cannot be used at the same time..

Comment

Thanks,
                          Aldo

You can do this at the moment by setting D4 to blink and setting the Rate. If the board disconnects it should reset and stop the blinking so it would do the same as the alive pin.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Working...
                          X