is the Yun supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the Yun supported?

The Yun seems to be the only genuine board with built in ethernet. Does the plugin support it?

Wow the silence here is deafening. I see lots of people read the posts but no responses....

I suspect you might be the first person to give it a go. If it uses the standard Ethernet Library and the board is available in the Arduino IDE then it **should** work.

From lots of the posts, different boards work in different ways particularly on power fail. I have a Mega that restarts with its ethernet perfectly, another one needs Homeseer to be running before the board boots, other way around no go...The Nano starts and then needs to have the reset button pressed to start the etherent.....

If you have it load the code and let us know :-)

I've got the bits for the ESP8226 board now and thats a project for tomorrow. Actually I've got one outside on a light that is controlled via HTTP (Homeseer), works VERY reliably..

Cheers..Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
      The Yun seems to be the only genuine board with built in ethernet. Does the plugin support it?
      I would say no. Not without modifications.

The Yun has a seperate chip that runs Linux (handling Ethernet/Wifi) and talks to the typical Arduino chip. The default plugin sketch is not going to work as is.

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
        From lots of the posts, different boards work in different ways particularly on power fail. I have a Mega that restarts with its ethernet perfectly, another one needs Homeseer to be running before the board boots, other way around no go...The Nano starts and then needs to have the reset button pressed to start the etherent.....
        Pete,
        In your experience would you say the Mega with Ethernet shield is the only one that restarts with its Ethernet perfectly or are there others. Are these restart connectivity issues related to the Ethernet shield or could this occur with Arduino boards(other than Mega).

I'm thinking of installing Arduino at a home several States away where power outages do occur, and need the Arduino to restart every time.
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Tom

It seems the MEGA boards with shields are the reliable ones. The Ethernet boards are clones HOWEVER they have the PINS for the POE. Interesting to note the post by Al with the resistor network being wrong, this could be the issues many of us are experiencing. I'm still waiting for my W5500 (Ethershield2) to see if that does anything different as far as failsafe restarting goes.

If your stuff is going to be FAR FAR away, there is some failsafe stuff you **could** implement.

1) Wire the power for the arduinos to a central point
          2) Put a NANO onto USB on the PC, use the I/O pins to drive a relay
          3) Use the relay to switch power to the arduinos incase there is an issue with getting them online meaning you can drop the power to restart them.

With the NANO and W5100 board, that is a weird one, you power up and it wont connect, you press the reset button on the W5100 and it will then connect. In my situation I would need to use the USB nano to drive the reset pin remotely.

Also what I have done currently as a trial, I've got the MEGA boards running from a UPS. We have LOTS of **brownouts** and this has helped lots....

Be interested to see what you come up with Tom....I'm away from the house for 3 weeks currently so I'll see how my setup runs :-)

Cheers..Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
          X