Show us your kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    very nice dan! What do you use the patch panel for? is it ALL data, or "other" also?
    Well, since I brought it to the patch panel...it's whatever I want.

They can be phone (the standard actually allows you to run RJ11 over RJ45 connectors...that's why the blue pair is in a funny location!!), Ethernet (3/4 are Gigabit rated, 1/4 is 100bt), with a balun can be RF (TV), AUDIO for my whole house audio system, or anything else that I want...they are just wires!

Some are going to be controlling the heat registers (I have power flappers for my house).

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
      This is a hobby and it is DIY.... Nothing is ever completely finished. There is always more that must be done.
      Couldn't agree more. I have a very simple setup (HS on a PC with Insteon, W800, Way2Call and thermostat). As soon as one day goes by with everything running as it should, I go and find something else I can add or do. I am constantly considering some change (speakers, mics, AV, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
        Couldn't agree more. I have a very simple setup (HS on a PC with Insteon, W800, Way2Call and thermostat). As soon as one day goes by with everything running as it should, I go and find something else I can add or do. I am constantly considering some change (speakers, mics, AV, etc.).

I actually ment in the background of the photographs.

It looks as though you are all either building a house or extending one.

Comment

I resemble that remark I've only been building since I moved here 3 years ago.

I believe in the winchester mystery house theory (for those that don't know, it is located in San Jose California) the belief is/was as long as you kept building you would live forever, well the old lady died several years back. I am re-testing the theory

Besides, it keeps things interesting
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoJunkie View Post
            I actually ment in the background of the photographs.

It looks as though you are all either building a house or extending one.
            Oh, I'm doing that too (more remodeling than building/extending but similar). Maybe it's a common trait -- can't leave well enough alone.

Comment

Yea, sad thing is I have remodeled a project before I was finished with it, besides it is the perfect reason to buy more tools, then you find a project so you can use the tools you bought only to find you still don't have all the tools you need to complete the project, so you get to go buy more tools, to find a project to use all the tools you bought.... it just never ends

maybe it is a sickness?, a mental state?, just plain insane?

I can plead guilty to all of the above
              Over The Hill
              What Hill?
              Where?
              When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Updated my list (now that I'm home)
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
                  No, I don't mind.

24 ports...actually 32ish...

The rest are spares, for when I need more!

--Dan
                  Ya, save one for a power line monitor with all that running...

~Bill

Comment

i'm building because i couldn't afford to buy the house as it will be when i'm done! we bought the runt of the litter in our neighborhood. lots of homes that are still around 350k on my culdesac, i bought mine for 180 4 or 5 years ago, it peaked out at 325, when those around me peaked out around 475. by excavating and finishing the basement, mine will be one of the larger, if not, the largest home on the block. that's not why i'm doing it, though. mainly for livability, with three kids and an active church group, i could really use the 1500 sq ft under me! the equity is nice, though.

Ian
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

In my case it is just the wife and I, we bought a small 1400 sq ft and I added 1650 sq ft. I think it would have been easier to just get rid of some of my stuff
                      Over The Hill
                      What Hill?
                      Where?
                      When?

Comment

well, would you look at that!

I just wanted to vindicate myself by putting up a picture of my subpanel for the basement I'm finishing. It looks a lot better than the "before" I put up a while ago. So, as I start to get the basement closer to done, expect more vindication

(Raspberry Mocha, Bill?)
                        Attached Files
                        Plugins:
                        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I think you have your black and white wires reversed.

~Bill

Comment

They are not reversed??? Blacks are going to breakers, and whites to common!
                            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
                            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Knowing Bill, he was probably just messing me with (insert shoutout to Bill here :-)

If not, however, he could have been looking at the breakers at the bottom right, which are arc fault, so they have both the common and hot going to the breaker, then the breaker itself has a common that goes from the breaker to the common bus. That's how it detects potential arc in the circuit.
                              Plugins:

Comment

I figured it was a joke, but some might be confused, if they didn't know the people.
                                -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
                                VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                                Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Working...
                                X