Show us your kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, this is what mine looks like

that little black box is where HS is. powered by intel atom D945GCLF2 dual core. with 1.5Tb drive..
    it's a HS/mcontrol/ftp and bittorrent server.

just in case for those who asked, yeah, there's 2 CM11. 1 for HS, another for mcontrol.
    mcontrol is another HA software that works with vista x64/x86 MCE.

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
      Ok here ya go
      Oh... my...

You are my God!
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

dammit i think my host just went offline.. . can anyone see the image?

Comment

I see them just fine.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Here's some pictures of mine:
            Attached Files
            -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
            HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Hey guys,
              Over spring break I got my 1500 square foot basement insulated and sheetrocked. I plan on hanging OSB everywhere inside the batcave, so I can mount components directly to that, rather than searching for studs and all. Here are a couple of questions:

1. Smooth or rough side? I am assuming I should install it with the smooth side out, but I thought I'd double check.
              2. I plan on "prepainting" each sheet first. The wife could care less what color it is, and quite frankly, so could I. Any reason I shouldn't just grab a mutt bucket of white from the garage shelf and paint them ahead of time?

Thanks,

Ian
              Plugins:
              BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

OSB is OK, personally i prefer plywood, it's smoother, takes paint easier, is easier to screw things to, without having to go for the toolbox every time and is easier to write on. I paint them white as well. looks clean and for permanent things I label right on the white paint with a black sharpie.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

originally i was going to do plywood, but when i saw the difference in cost, i decided that osb would be ok :-) thanks for the confirmation, i'll get to painting this evening!
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I took a scrap piece of birch plywood to use for mine - I wish I had painted it before installing
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

OSB also does not tollereate getting wet.

Comment

Originally posted by fischb22 View Post
                        OSB also does not tollereate getting wet.
                        of course neither does any of the equipment that's going to be mounted to it. I suspect if things got wet, the OSB would be the least of the worries.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I'm in the process of rewiring the entire batcave, and greatly look forward to posting new pictures. There's one thing I'm not sure about, though. I have some gear on a rack on wheels - 2 surround sound amps, two stereo speaker amps, pc, ups, a few other things...the room is small (4' x 8'), thus my need to have the rack wheel out. What I'm struggling with is how to route the cables that go from the cart to the wall of the batcave. 6 or so USB cables, 20 or so speaker wires, a power cable, 1 serial cable, 3 or so cat5 cables...and probably a few other things that escape my memory at the moment. i have plenty of length in them, i'm just not sure how to run the cables so that the rack can wheel out, without having the cable slopped on the ground or...? I'm sure there's a standard way of dealing with it, i just don't know what it is.

any ideas? thanks!
                          Plugins:

Comment

I've since mounted things in a more permanent place but when I used a roll out cart like you describe I used 2 4' lengths of 1x3 with hinges at all 4 ends. I screwed the hinges to the cart and the wall where the cables were so that as I rolled out the cart the hinge in the middle would come down and the 1x3 supporting the wires would straighten out. This let me pull the rack out 8ft, without making a mess. Pushing the rack back in, the center hinge would bend and allow the rack to roll back to the wall.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Marty,
                              could you give some pictures of that? it sounds very promising!
                              Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                                i'm just not sure how to run the cables so that the rack can wheel out, without having the cable slopped on the ground or...? I'm sure there's a standard way of dealing with it, i just don't know what it is.

any ideas? thanks!

Cable tube.

Something like this: http://www.cse-distributors.co.uk/ca...ral-tubing.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X