No announcement yet.

HS Pro Upgrade deal good, but ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if buying the upgrade gives you 30 days premium support too?

Comment

I'm also interested in the upgrade...
      I have already HST en Itunes plugin ($240).

One think i don't understand is why?
      Discount is just to high for a normal company.
      Is this a way for survival?

Comment

I'll give it a go.
        Regards, Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
          I'm also interested in the upgrade...
          I have already HST en Itunes plugin ($240).

One think i don't understand is why?
          Discount is just to high for a normal company.
          Is this a way for survival?
          Indeed the discount to users is above normal. However, I think HS thinks it's time to move on and they are offering for one week only the opportunity for HS1/2 users to join them, at a better price.

I think HST is being forced by the market to go PRO.

I had a conversation with a fellow HS2 user who predicted this move, it makes sense.

Also remember HST is not a "normal company", they are a business and have to make profit, but, have a slightly different approach.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I think HS can better ask maintenance fee and for sure I will pay that if...
            Free upgrade and support is included.

15% will be okay for me.

Comment

angry or worried

I don't know if I should feel angry or woried.

Angry due to the fact that I already invested money in HST and now the late majority gets a lot more for their money. I have some plugin's on my wish list but don't want to pay even more money and still have less.

Worried because I have the feeling that HS is desperate and this is their last attempt to survive. (The discount is just too high) And then what if they fall over, no more devellopments?

One way or the other: I will postphone investing more money in this software until a good proposal to the people that were already good clients when HST was still beta is done.

Comment

I too have already invested hundreds of dollars just in plugins...If I would have "gone pro" from the beginning, it would have saved me quite a bit of $. I am a Bible teacher by trade, and I have to say, I'm reminded of a story that Jesus told (sorry to bring up the Bible, but i do think it is relevant). The jist of it was there was a guy who hired some people to do work for him. The first batch he hired in the AM, and told them he'd pay them X for a day's work. Then he went at noon and hired some more workers. then again toward the end of the day he hired more workers. at the end of the day he began paying the workers. He began with those who were hired latest in the day. He paid them the same amount as he had agreed to pay those he hired in the AM. When they saw that they said to themselves, "Sweet, I bet we'll get paid a lot more then!" Imagine their disgruntlementation (yes, i made that word up) when they were paid the same amount as the guys that had only worked a couple hours. the guy told them, "hey, you agreed to work for X, and that's what I paid you, what business is it of yours if i decide to pay these other people the same amount?"

The fact is, I knew how much plugins cost when I bought them. The fact that other people may get to save a lot of money does feel upsetting, but maybe it shouldn't. Maybe I'm projecting my jealously or regret onto HST who is just making a decision to sell something of theirs that they are entitled to sell. Honestly, how many of us as early adopters haven't ever felt "burned" when we saw the product for half as much 6 months later?

anyway, sorry for "preaching" but I think it is relevant.
                Plugins:
                BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Preach away! How many of us have bought something, doesn't matter what, only to have a friend tell us later, "oh you should have said something I know where it's selling for half off". Happens to me every time, I gave up stressing over it, well mostly.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                  Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I definitely think the promo has a value to a lot of folks. I also understand it's impossible to create a sale that addresses everyone's needs. I personally have two systems running HS, one already having HST and the other not. So to me there are 2 questions: 1. Do I have a need now, and I think I do on at least one of my machines to justify the cost; and 2. What are my options in the future? Will we be able to purchase/downgrade to the Standard edition if/when 3.x is released. I understand the price for Pro includes development costs for current and future plug-in's, but at upgrade time I may not need Pro or want to invest in future developed plug-ins, so can I stay current and move back to HSStd? I know, most, if not all of this is unknown, but I sure wouldn't want to jump and not have an option later based on my future need.

Comment

heh - bought my wife an iPod nano a couple of months ago. Look at what was released yesterday I'm not likely to go back to apple looking for a refund. caveat emptor.

That said, I'm upgrading to HSPRO for the HSTouch aspect more than anything else.
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

One question - How could you not take advantage of this, regardless of how much you've already spent? This covers future plug-ins as well. It's a no brainer in my book, but then again I can't read, so that may explain things.
                        -Skybolt

Comment

Hmmm, tempting offer. HS is no different from other companies. All the great discounts for new customers. The old timers always get screwed .
                          I'm only worry about the HS plugins that are often abandoned because new development...
                          I understand it is important to get more money from people with new plugins, but it would be nice to support the old ones as well... .
                          Future plugins free is nice offer, but I heard too many unfulfilled promises from HS team to believe that.

That all said, I will probably buy the upgrade anyway. I spent so much money so what the hell.

Cheers
                          Marty

Comment

Anyone knows what the Advanced ZWAVE functions are you get i.e. what is the difference with the standard version .......

Comment

It does sound "too good to be true" and yes in my case I already have all the plugins I plan to use, but I'm jumping...

It might be as simple as trying to keep 3 or more versions updated isn't economical anymore. Think about it, to add a feature or fix a bug, they have to do it 3 times (HS2, HS2HT and HSPro) by throwing out a deal like this, most everyone will upgrade and then the focus can be on a single version...

Just a guess on my part, but it makes sense
                              Over The Hill
                              What Hill?
                              Where?
                              When?
                              I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
                                It does sound "too good to be true" and yes in my case I already have all the plugins I plan to use, but I'm jumping...

It might be as simple as trying to keep 3 or more versions updated isn't economical anymore. Think about it, to add a feature or fix a bug, they have to do it 3 times (HS2, HS2HT and HSPro) by throwing out a deal like this, most everyone will upgrade and then the focus can be on a single version...

Just a guess on my part, but it makes sense
                                Oh yeah. We can only hope there will be more focus...

Comment

Working...
                                X