X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul,
    I'll second that!
    Greg.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
      Really, I don't buy into the complaints into the "I got a slap in the face for being an early adopter" stuff. It gets tiring to hear the complaints.

I know what it means to be an early adopter - I've dished out lots of cash (often when I probably didn't really have it) for things because I couldn't wait to get on the bandwagon, whatever it was. And almost always, sometime later, the price drops. That's the price you pay for "getting it now".

Sure, Rich is having a sale. And it happens to be a pretty darn good one. That doesn't mean that the product isn't worth the money you may have already put into it. It also doesn't mean that everyone down the road will get the sale price - heck, the sale is only for a week. That's not screwing the customers, that's called promotion. And at the end of the day it'll probably mean more business for homeseer.

when Best Buy offers a DVD player at half price for one weekend only, does everyone say they got screwed if they missed the sale? No, that's the luck of the draw.

And besides - if you spent more money on the product already, at least you know your money went to something worthwhile, and to people who deserve it. Having played with Homeseer off and on for many, many years now, I can most certainly tell you that Rich (and company) have put in far more blood sweat and tears trying to make the product meet your expectations, and offering free support, than they'll ever get out of you in cash dollars. Go compare their offerings, both in price and in support, to the competition and you'll find you're getting a great value indeed.

Rich - thank you for the years of work you've put into this product - and while I've only ever had to pay for two upgrades - first from V1 to V2, and now from V2 to HSPRO, I for one would have been happy to pay more, and will do so again if it is later required. Thanks for putting out something as useful as homeseer for us all.

regards,

Paul
      Preach on brother!
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Many of you early adopters purchased HS for only $39, let's not forget! I have been personally verifing some of the orders since we have to process them manually, and I see many original purchases of $39. It was pretty inexpensive for quite a few years,

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
          Rich - thank you for the years of work you've put into this product - and while I've only ever had to pay for two upgrades - first from V1 to V2, and now from V2 to HSPRO, I for one would have been happy to pay more, and will do so again if it is later required. Thanks for putting out something as useful as homeseer for us all.

regards,

Paul
          I complete agree.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Many of you early adopters purchased HS for only $39, let's not forget! I have been personally verifing some of the orders since we have to process them manually, and I see many original purchases of $39. It was pretty inexpensive for quite a few years,
            I'm one of those guys. I want to get the upgrade, but we are remodeling and no idea where my code needed for the form is located (a box somewhere) HS2 is still running. Can I find it somewhere in the system or do I need to put in a help ticket.

On a related note, I won't be able to do the upgrade for a few weeks. Assume that isn't a problem.

Thanks,
            Barry

Comment

Barry, go to HS2 config page, should a link to licenses there... you only need the 4 digit code.

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                Barry, go to HS2 config page, should a link to licenses there... you only need the 4 digit code.

TrOjAn
                I went to the IE setup/general tab. I see the License and configuration section, but there is no license info, except to say it is registered. If I click on the register button, it says This software is registered. Thank you.

So, I finally found it under pone tab, edit licenses!

Thanks
                Barry

Comment

You can request ALL you licenses on HS support page (WEB). Single click and it is done .

Comment

HomeTroller 2 upgrade to HSPRO

Keep in mind this is on an HT1 that has a hard drive, disk space on the HomeTroller 2 may not allow this procedure to work. But if someone tries it and it works ok, let us know.
                    Are your saying that HSPRO may not work on HomeTroller 2.
                    I am running HomeTroller 2 and was going to upgrade to HSPRO but I saw this comment and not I am not sure this is the way to go.

Comment

I will be posting a new updater when I get to the office tomorrow. I just need to add the hspro license file and the HSSentry exe and then you can just run the updater to upgrade. (this will work on the HomeTroller 1 and 2)

Comment

That'll be great though I'm still waiting for my license number
                        Ok then, I'll delay the upgrade to HSPro till the updater allow me to do it painless.
                        Thanks for the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by GRumpf View Post
                          That'll be great though I'm still waiting for my license number
                          Ok then, I'll delay the upgrade to HSPro till the updater allow me to do it painless.
                          Thanks for the good work.
                          When did you order the upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by lhfarm View Post
                            I'm one of those guys. I want to get the upgrade, but we are remodeling and no idea where my code needed for the form is located (a box somewhere) HS2 is still running. Can I find it somewhere in the system or do I need to put in a help ticket.

On a related note, I won't be able to do the upgrade for a few weeks. Assume that isn't a problem.

Thanks,
                            Barry
                            If you go to support on the main HST Website there is an option to have all your HST codes emailed to you.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I posted an updater that you can use to upgrade HS2 or a HomeTroller to HSPRO, details are here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137492

Comment

I posted an updater that you can use to upgrade HS2 or a HomeTroller to HSPRO, details are here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=137492
                                Neat.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X